Skip to content

[v2.00] Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD and EET

1…5678911»

Comments

  • ThomMerrilinThomMerrilin Member Posts: 23
    Skitia wrote: »
    It is probably this one: Global("X32PlanarHunterEnemy","GLOBAL",4), at least on my latest version of the mod. Just temporarily set it to 5. Not sure how this was triggered if you're staying in BG1.

    Unfortunately, changing this global setting did not eliminate the stutterbug issue. I played around with this particular variable, including setting it to 4 and 5, but no change. The only way for me to avoid the stutter PID is to maintain distance between the PC and Emily, since the dialogue starts whenever they are in proximity.
  • ThomMerrilinThomMerrilin Member Posts: 23
    edited January 24
    (deleted as accidental duplicate post).
    Post edited by ThomMerrilin on
  • ThomMerrilinThomMerrilin Member Posts: 23
    edited January 24
    Looking into this further in NI, it looks like the stutter dialogue "so what is the order now" has a chapter global setting of 8, although my chapter setting is 7. If I am also looking at it correctly, the script blocks that start with "x32mily" are SoD dialogue files, even though I have not transitioned to SoD. That would also explain why the "x32PlanarHunterEnemy" variable returned no result, and when I changed the variable to 5, the stutter continued.

    I am wondering if this is a conflict (or perhaps a one-off random issue) with transition mods (Endless BG1, Transitions, Reflections) where after Sarevok is killed and the Korlusz dungeon cleared, the Emily mod expects the SOD transition (Emily leaves party, chapter rolls to 8), and since that hasn't happened, it can't find an appropriate action or dialogue and consequently, the stutter bug.

    If there isn't a variable that can be changed to correct the problem, should I drop her from the party, finish BG1, roll into SOD/chapter 8 and see if she shows up at the bridge stutter-free? I can stop the stutterbug by setting "x32milytalk" to 3, but not sure if will have negative impact later in the game.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,146
    You can set the x32milytalk to something like -1, and then back to 2 when she is back in the party.
  • GniadyGniady Member Posts: 42
    junimo1321 wrote: »
    Hi @Skitia , in my EET run I'm having a problem with Emily in my game, she's become a noober, every time PC gets close to Emily, the dialog option keeps popping up.
    psy1431rmd3m.png
    The problem started in chapter 7 when we exited Baldur's Gate, maybe it has something to do with the Reflections of Destiny mod, because the Korlasz Tomb quest was moved to before the final fight, and after completing the quest the problem occurred. I also attach my weidu.log, I hope you know anything about this problem.

    That avatar of hers is adorable! Where did you get it?!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 649
    junimo1321 wrote: »
    Hi @Skitia , in my EET run I'm having a problem with Emily in my game, she's become a noober, every time PC gets close to Emily, the dialog option keeps popping up.
    psy1431rmd3m.png
    The problem started in chapter 7 when we exited Baldur's Gate, maybe it has something to do with the Reflections of Destiny mod, because the Korlasz Tomb quest was moved to before the final fight, and after completing the quest the problem occurred. I also attach my weidu.log, I hope you know anything about this problem.

    The same problem would occur with Endless BG1, which does leave Korlasz' Tomb for post-Sarevok but allows for further exploration of the BG1 game world thereafter and thus requires a character's dialogue file to be switched back temporarily after exiting Korlasz' Tomb. See Jastey's tutorial here for how to code this: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/34948-how-to-original-npc-scripts-and-dialogue-in-korlasz-tomb-and-compatibility-with-endlessbg1-and-transitions-community-effort/
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,146
    edited 3:52AM
    I'm going to hold off on addressing Korlasz's tomb because I do not have Endless BG1 or any similar, so want to see how each of them works before doing my own coding solution for this. So it won't be in the set of BG1/SoD updates coming out over the next few days, but I will include it in my All in One BG1 update when I get to it, and I'll port the solution to the individual BG1 versions from there.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,146
    It took years, but Emily's likely next major update is here. This one includes a new NPC which can join the party with or without Emily, though expect friction at times if they are together. They intertwine with Emily's BG1 story, especially her ending, and the approval system. The Changelog definitely does not cover everything, this update was done on and off over several years, so I don't remember everything.
    -New NPC Isaac, an Invisible Blade. You can use the Invisible Blade kit included with this mod, or if installed before this mod, the Artisan's Pack Invisible Blade. Like his kit suggests, he is great with daggers, and comes with his own throwing dagger. He cannot use any other ranged weapon and has less points than a normal thief. (The Artisan's Kitpack version has its own tradeoffs, which can be read on their site.) He can be found after transitioning from the Friendly Arm Inn.
    -Like in BG2, Emily will now have approval.
    -Emily's Quest and the end of her quest is rewritten to accommodate the new NPC, as well as her small quest in SoD, in case both are in the party.
    -Emily has a lot more banter and dialogue throughout BG1 and especially SoD.
    -Her strength has been raised to 17 to reflect a bit more realism in her strength.
    -A couple of new bows have been added to her adjustment options in SoD. The SoD Composite bow in particular is adjusted by reducing the strength requirement to 17.
    -A lot of bugfixes, and a lot of spelling corrections.

    The other BG1 NPCs will also be getting updated over the next few days.

    Known Issues: Korlasz tomb can be an issue if you have Mods that alter where it is in the story. This will be addressed in a future update.
Sign In or Register to comment.