Skip to content

Problem trying to host a NWN:EE server

ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
edited March 2019 in Technical Support
This is for a PW hosting.

I have the steam edition of the game, v78.8186. Toolset version is 1.77
I tried using Nwserver.exe to host the server, but I can't see my server on this list: https://nwn.beamdog.net/
Nor do I see it when I tried to log in to multiplayer (even with a separate device with separate internet). My server simply doesn't appear on the list.

I already opened a firewall port to 5120-5300 for both TCP and UDP.
The only thing I'm missing from the check-list is port forwarding, which-- do I even need to do with NWN:EE?! I thought the whole point of NWN:EE is to facilitate the multiplayer 'functionability'.

Regardless, I'm stuck. Not sure what to do. I added screenshots of me failing to port forward because every router interface is so different. The screenshot is that of my router's interface.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Not all routers support UDP, which is why port forwarding is still a requirement for some.
  • ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
    I port forwarded - still no go. Can't see my servers on the list. Here's a screenshot of port forwarding with my router:

sksdhs4bo85q.jpg
  • SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    Hello, try UDP only. That's what I do. And make sure that you manually set a fixed local IP in the DHCP settings so that IP doesn't change when you reboot your computer. That IP should be used when you set up Port Forwarding (you might have done this). Hope it helps.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    Check your NWNPlayer.ini file for the host to see if you've got it setup to publish to the beamdog master list?

I believe it still shows up as the following in the ini file.
    GameSpy Enabled=1
  • ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
    Yes, a couple of days ago I realized this was the problem (I was trying to debug it with another forum so I forgot about the post I made here)..anyway, thank you