Skip to content

Proposal for a new class kit - where to submit/discuss?

I think it would be really fun to suggest a new class/kit, namely a Priest of Oghma. For those more experienced with the forums, where is the best place to suggest or talk about it?

Given our startup in Candlekeep, it just seemed like a rather obvious idea that someone probably has thought about before, but you never know. Thoughts?
CharlestonianTemplar

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    @laeknir
    There is already a briiliant kit mod called: Deities of Faerun (DoF). I have inserted a link to the main site for the mod below.

The mod has a lorekeeper of Oghma kit - and I would agree that the Oghma kit would fit in nicely given charnames upbringing.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69241/kit-pack-deities-of-faerun-v-1-9-6-5-47-cleric-kits-and-more-for-iwd-bg-2-ee-and-eet
    RaduzielGusinda
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Hi @laeknir

Hope you're fine.

I'm the author of the mod aforementioned by @StummvonBordwehr

Here's a brief description of what changes for a Lorekeeper of Oghma, using DoF:
    Lorekeeper of Oghma

Armor: All up to and including splint mail. No shield allowed.
    Weapon: Bludgeoning only.
    Major: All, Healing, Protection, Thought, Creation, Divination, Time.
    Minor: Sun, Combat, Travelers, Weave.
    Requirements: Int 12, Wis 14.
    Stronghold: Bard, Wizard
    Alignment: TN.
    Race: Any, except Half-Orc.
    Multiclass: Cleric/Mage.
    Turn/Command Undead: Yes.

Features:

- May cast Friends as a special ability once per day, starting at level 5.
    - May use the Legend Lore special ability once per day, starting at level 10.
    - Gains permanently the benefits of Free Action at level 12.

LEGEND LORE

The Lorekeeper boosts PRO_HISHER Lore, learning how to use any item, unequip cursed items, neutralize poisons and cure diseases.

DoF also has its own sphere system, which makes the kit even more unique.

@CharlestonianTemplar is making a no-reload run with this kit. Maybe he can give some insight. He's not using the sphere system, though.
    StummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58
    Wonderful! Thanks very much for this! @StummvonBordwehr and @Raduziel
    RaduzielStummvonBordwehr
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    laeknir wrote: »
    I think it would be really fun to suggest a new class/kit, namely a Priest of Oghma. For those more experienced with the forums, where is the best place to suggest or talk about it?

Given our startup in Candlekeep, it just seemed like a rather obvious idea that someone probably has thought about before, but you never know. Thoughts?

Ha! I thought about it before - for the same reasons you did. Great minds and all that. :)
    laeknir