Skip to content

Some minor feedback

XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
I haven't been playing too long, but for the most part I'm enjoying the game immensely. I love how fast things load and save now!

I do have a few nitpicks however:

1. The mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in the journal. In fact, you can't even hold the the up/down arrows to scroll, or drag the scroll location indicator thingy (not sure what that's called). You have to keep clicking on the arrows to scroll, and it's painfully slow.
Edit: It's been pointed out to me that you can click and drag over the text itself to scroll! Much helpful!

2. No Alt+F4 to quit the game. Makes quitting more of a chore than it has to be.

3. Please please please get rid of the drop shadow on the item/journal text. It makes the letters appear blurry and makes them hard to read (at least for me, though I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Outside of that, from what I've seen so far, job well done! Thanks for bringing back this classic.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited November 2012
    1. Click and drag works best in the journal. I agree the scrollbar isnt very good.
    2. I can alt f4 fine
    3. I think @AndreaColombo would agree with you on this one
  • XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, dragging the mouse over the text in the journal does indeed scroll! Scroll wheel should be made to work though, it works fine in the Record window, scrolling through character stats.

Tried restarting the game and Alt+F4 still doesn't work for me. Can't minimize the game at all either. I wonder if it's a driver issue?
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    Concerning feedback, I have been playing a bit already, I agree its quite good! but I noticed some things.
    1th "her, her, her" in some descriptions related to barbarian if iam not mistaken.
    Second we really need more options in the "graphic" menu, idk what but we just do! its a pc game!
    And it could be useful to have an option to fix the zoom for those who want.
    Third and last for now: No import image for character? or did I miss something? If not I'am quite sure many will ask for the option.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Xhal said:

Thanks, dragging the mouse over the text in the journal does indeed scroll! Scroll wheel should be made to work though, it works fine in the Record window, scrolling through character stats.

Tried restarting the game and Alt+F4 still doesn't work for me. Can't minimize the game at all either. I wonder if it's a driver issue?

Hmm, try going to graphics options and switching the game to windowed mode, then back to full screen - see if that works.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Xhal said:

I haven't been playing too long, but for the most part I'm enjoying the game immensely. I love how fast things load and save now!

I do have a few nitpicks however:

1. The mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in the journal. In fact, you can't even hold the the up/down arrows to scroll, or drag the scroll location indicator thingy (not sure what that's called). You have to keep clicking on the arrows to scroll, and it's painfully slow.

2. No Alt+F4 to quit the game. Makes quitting more of a chore than it has to be.

3. Please please please get rid of the drop shadow on the item/journal text. It makes the letters appear blurry and makes them hard to read (at least for me, though I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Outside of that, from what I've seen so far, job well done! Thanks for bringing back this classic.

1. Click and drag does it for me, quite effective and faster than any scroll

2. Check - somewhat annoying

3. My eyes hurt already

Otherwise enjoying myself :)
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @Coriander Thanks!

Loads are very fast and it plays nice but while navigating the map I feel some minor screen "hickups" Just saying incase it shouldnt be doing it. (its not that bad)
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Text Shadows are painful. Same goes for the blurry GUI Icons on the left side....