Skip to content

What am I downloading now?

I did the preload and opened the Beamdog client, it said click here to install, so I did and now it is downloading something at a pathetically low speed. It ranges anywhere from 20-50 minutes remaining. I though I preloaded all this crap. What is going on?

Comments

• FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    The beamdog downloading system is crap, thats what it is... (just being honest not to bash the game developers or anything) but truly the beamdog client and the stand-alone installer are equaly slow and buggy on both sides, now i do know people have said they should sell it on stream, and i cant personaly say that i'm a big fan of stream myself i'd rather have that than using this shitty client to download a single game and update it in the same manner.... seriusly Beamdog, make your client better or post it on stream, and honestly just by posting it for sale on stream you'd get out to a much wider audience and well, quite frankly it would spread out that its avaible on a more commonly used downloading platform, stream being the most popular, i'd even go to as far as to say that its an investment to earn more money on your own side.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Sorry, there's been high demand on the servers and things haven't fully recovered from the initial traffic spike. You can try Turbo mode in the client settings to help your speed if you're willing to upload a bit in exchange.
  • DolarrahDolarrah Member Posts: 17
    I enabled Turbo and it bumped it up to 20KBS. Still wish I knew what was downloading . Thanks for advice on turbo
  • DolarrahDolarrah Member Posts: 17
    Ok, so it now says Ready to Play but the game won't launch when I click on the arrow
  • gustonguston Member Posts: 70
    Dolarrah said:

Ok, so it now says Ready to Play but the game won't launch when I click on the arrow

Same here. The game wont launch for me either. It just crashes.