Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

RFC - TlkEdit project git repo

I made a git repo of the TlkEdit project. I am hoping to expand on the project, any input is welcome.
Is this tool still considered useful or are there much better ways to work with 2da, uti, tlk files without it?
2DA, uti and tlk editing can still be a tedious affair for even small changes - for example I recently changed the name the Kama to Pick and needed to change the custom tlk entry, the uti file and the baseitems.2da file just to do that. Later I made a bunch of changes to a bunch of items and the process was error prone even with this tool.

The git repo is at TlkEdit.

My first task is simply to get this project building and making the .exe files again from edited source. If anyone has any experience with this project and would like to help me get going with it please let me know. I am not yet sure I have it all set up right or know how to build and run it in full: for instance when I run the TlkEdit configuration I get this error message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
	at org.jl.nwn.tlk.editor.TlkEdit.main(TlkEdit.java:1215)

Process finished with exit code 1

My problem now lies in knowing how to work with all these tools - intellij idea, launch4j, whatever build system is in use, etc, rather than with java code with which I have some previous experience.

mashedtatersGusinda

Comments

  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 139
    edited April 3
    The launch4j stuff is optional and without it then the app will run with the 64 bit java via the command line:
    java -jar tlkedit.jar
    
    However the ant build script is failing to create a new jar, I keep getting this message:
    C:\Users\...\TlkEdit-EE\out\production\TlkEdit\build.xml:79: Manifest file: C:\Users\...\TlkEdit-EE\out\production\src\meta-inf\manifest.mf does not exist.
    

    Post edited by Calgacus on
    mashedtaters
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 139
    I had failed to include the lib folder at first import in the repo but it's there now. On windows I still get that manifest error but on macOS I do not and can produce the jar there and it works.

    Gusinda
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 139
    YAY!! My first minor tweaks are up - first I widened the StrRef column in the tlkeditor so you can see the full number after a modification causes that * to cram out the last 3 digits,
    - and two I included the missing en_US dictionary for spell checks.

    I doubt I will support executable files created with launch4j, it just seems unnecessary and I'm not sure there is a way to make 64 bit executables.

    Gusinda
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 139
    edited April 5
    Uploaded a few more tweaks like resize-able 2da columns and fix for a bug that might have prevented some 2da metadata from loading and helping inline popup editors from working on certain columns like baseitems.2da "Equipable Slots" column.

    Post edited by Calgacus on
Sign In or Register to comment.