Skip to content

Dorn gets inevitably killed in the encounter where you can first recruit him

LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
I saw this has been reported but marked as fixed. well it's not. I tried more than 5 times but it's not reasonably possible to save him for a party of around level 3.considering the fact dorn is the strongest npc in the game this is laughable

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    really? at level 3 and you can't save him? if you can try using some sleep spells for the bandits, and command spells for the other 2 main bandits or if you have them, hold person, i've been able to save him with a level 1 group with said spells

also if you have it charm person type spells can work as well, use the bandits own baddies against them, and then once they are finished being used, force them to equip their fist so you get a nice to hit/to damage against them

also if you have it, blindness is another good spell to use on the flail using bandit
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @sarevok57
    In LoB mode Dorn die really easy during round 1 of fight, 1 arrow from each bandit he is dead, usually before any spells can reach the bandits and even if spell casts, LoB the bandits can still save pretty easily.

@LMTR14
    Dorn was not killable during a previous patch during this encounter, but the latest patch somehow allowed him to be killed. Mine just died which makes me come in and reply this post (LoB mode =.=")
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah, legacy of lol mode, completely forgot about that, only ever played it once for the achievement and haven't gone back since
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Same problem, also playing LoB.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    LoB is the super unfair masochistic mode. Being unable to save Dorn is pretty par for the course.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, LoB isn't designed for this, and you'd need to edit the game to make sure he survives, or do some weird respawn thing, so he is definitely available to join, because as you note, he is very useful, and is almost required for anyone using a bard of any kind, especially a bard PC.