Skip to content

Firebeard's easter egg

He's supposed to give you something if you talk to him 50 times, right? In Candlekeep? I'm not getting it to work, was it cut?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It's always been fairly hit or miss getting it to work. I don't think you can just spam him with conversation, you need to give it a chance to run the script for it to work, from what I've read.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It's 30 times. And as CaptRory says you need (or needed in vanilla) to give the script time to trigger.. slow down when you've talked to him 28 times or so.
    Confirming it's still in his script:

IF
    NumTimesTalkedTo(30)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetNumTimesTalkedTo(31)
    GiveGoldForce(300)
    END
  • monitomonito Member Posts: 15
    Thanks! I'm still not getting it, but it's nice to know it's still there!
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    What does he give you?
    300 gold.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Firebead, not Firebeard. Sorry, but it's important. :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Maybe when you don't set him on fire his name is Firebead... :D
  • butsambutsam Member Posts: 46
    I'm somewhat disappointed that Firebead didn't want the Fateful Coin book that I bought him in Beregost. Why was that subquest removed? It was a nice way to easily get some early-game xp. Now he just blathers about some book that, if you can find it, you can't get until much later in the game.
  • MaikoesMaikoes Member Posts: 1
    monito said:

Thanks! I'm still not getting it, but it's nice to know it's still there!

Am not getting it either.

• HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Horatio said:

He gives you gold a robe and 2700xp when you kill him :)

..and -3 rep :(((
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    butsam said:

I'm somewhat disappointed that Firebead didn't want the Fateful Coin book that I bought him in Beregost. Why was that subquest removed? It was a nice way to easily get some early-game xp. Now he just blathers about some book that, if you can find it, you can't get until much later in the game.

He still wants it. Just talk to him again.
    edited November 2012
    Forse said:

Firebead, not Firebeard. Sorry, but it's important. :)

Whoops, I think I had been playing too much Skyrim!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    300 gp is nice, but still not enough to buy a katana.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    butsam said:

This quest is still there.

Maybe it's your low charisma?
    edited November 2012
    Good news -- but I don't remember what charisma level is required...I have Jaheira doing the talking, though...is this one that actually depends on your character not the party leader's charisma? I seem to recall having done it in the past, even though I took charisma down to 8 on my main character. Perhaps once I get a more charismatic party leader. I'll swing up north 1 screen and snag Ajantis when I'm up at the FAA to cash in on the Beregost/FAA quests.
  • RamasterRamaster Member Posts: 18
    Kirkor said:

butsam said:

This quest is still there.

Maybe it's your low charisma?

I think you have to talk to him with CHARNAME. That's what happened to me, anyway.
    I don't *think* it's the charisma. My mage is pretty hideous (Charisma 4...holding out for the ring of human influence), and I was still able to do the Fateful Coin quest.
  • RamasterRamaster Member Posts: 18
    Crap, instead of posting what I wanted to say, I just copied some earlier post! WTF?!

What I meant was that you should talk to him with your charname, with the book on his/her inventory. At first I talked to him with Imoen and he ignored me. They I tried with charname and it seamed to do the trick.
    I'll give that a try; thanks! This is admittedly relatively minor, but I bought the book beforehand, and getting that first level-up early is key so you can start your early exploration off the beatin' path :)
  • verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32
    This easter egg didn't work in BGtutu. Doesn't work here either. Only works in vanilla.