Skip to content

Manual?

I'm completely new to the game and looking to read the manual to understand how to play, but there's simply no chance I'm going to be able to read the currently published pdfs in the format that they are in. Does anyone know of a way to modify the pdf so that:
- the background image can be removed
- the font can be changed to a less obnoxious one that's actually readable
- the font color can be changed to one that provides a high enough contrast for easy reading

I just don't understand what overhaul games were thinking here - are we all supposed to have already read the manual when we played the original game? What about those of us who haven't? :sadface:

Comments

• VencedorVencedor Member Posts: 7
    I never had the manual when I played the original game and learnt as I went along. The manual is too big to learn much from reading the whole thing at once anyway. You can always check it if you need to know something specific.
  • MunroMunro Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    There is some tutorial content in Candlekeep. Someone will approach you at the South-East corner and ask if you want to practice fighting in a party, if you want to learn how to play that's a good place to start. Oh, and talk to all the dudes in green robes. They also give you tips on how to play! :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Okay. This is in no way official. And it also comes out absolutely hideous in the formatting.

But if you right-click and use the Select tool, and then scroll down to the first block of text and click, then press Ctrl+A (select all), then copy, you can paste it into a Word document and mess around with it there.

The formatting is all jacked up because it's going from PDF to .DOC, but if all you're looking for is readable text, that will allow you to change the font, color, etc. Again, it's ugly, and virtually impossible to search through unless you know exactly what you're looking for, but if you're looking for something you can read from beginning to end (and you don't care about tables looking like pea soup), you can do that.

...I promise the next game's manuals will use a more readable font.