Skip to content

Hard crash

KymusKymus Member Posts: 17
edited April 2019 in Technical Support
"We just crashed hard (etc.)"

I have a theory that this crash is being triggered by sand and mountain/stone tiles; it's just a hunch. Since playing EE, I've found that this crash has only happened when I visit certain towns with a sand or stone theme (normal towns and forests thus far have been perfectly fine). I've played on the same server for over a decade and had no trouble with these towns and areas until EE. I have tried lowering my graphics to the lowest possible setting and logging back in and my character is still stuck in limbo. I've also tried entering these areas with my settings set to the lowest possible level and I still experience a crash and am unable to recover my characters without a server reset.

This has been tried with two specific towns and also teleporting to an area outside one of the said towns, all with different PCs (though I doubt that makes a bit of difference), and all 3 have resulted in the same crash. I have tried logging in using a different computer of mine with a different OS (albeit still a Debian-based Linux distro) after the crash and I received the same message (I have not, however, attempted to use that PC to duplicate the crash. I've only attempted logging in with that PC in an attempt to recover a PC).

I presume that the details are the same for each crash, so I am just providing the most recent crash report. I can provide the others as well if need be.
Post edited by Kymus on