Skip to content

Use both BG1 and BG2 NPC sound sets in EET?

johncpattersonjohncpatterson Member Posts: 7
edited April 2019 in General Modding
Hi all, I know that in EET your party NPCs will use their BG1 sound sets (such as what they say when you click on them) in the BG1 portion of the game, and then use their BG2 sound sets in the BG2 portion of the game. My question is, is it possible to have both sound sets during all portions of the game to add to the variety of what the NPCs say? Thanks so much!

- John
Post edited by johncpatterson on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    indeed it is possible, but would require a crap ton of work to do so, hence probably the reason why it hasn't been done, but to do so what you would have to do:

is import the bg2 soundsets into bg1 ( if this hasn't been done already, not 100% sure how EET does things )

then you would have to go to the creature files of the joinable companions and set their sounds to all the sound sets that you imported ( or found if they are already there )

and then you would need to edit the dialogue.tlk file so that their sound set sounds would actually match the dialogue that you see

so if you know who to do all of that, then you can do it that way
  • johncpattersonjohncpatterson Member Posts: 7
    Understood, definitely sounds like a lot of work :( If anyone has come across an easier way please let me know! :)