Skip to content

BGEE Main char Berserker->Mage Human Dual

Some questions about dual berserker mage please.

So I started the beserker and had planned to dual to mage which I havent tried before. Does this mean that you cant use the abilities of the first class until you reach the equivalent level plus 1 in the 2nd/dual class? Then the abilities become "unlocked" again?

My main char is level 6 at present, and when I also looked at dualling Imoen I got a message that you need to dual before level 7 or due to the experience cap you wont get enough xp to be able to use your first class abilities. Why then am I reading about people dualling a berserker/mage at 9 or 13 - how can this work?

I'm not clear on the whole thing as you can see so if anyone has done this and knows what the situation is I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Your understanding is correct, there is a sometimes prolonged period of time when you lose the abilities of the first class.

People who suggest dualing at 9 or 13 plan to import their character into BG2, where the XP cap is 8 million. If you aren't going to do this then you would never wait longer than 7th level to dual your berserker to mage. (The same goes for Imoen.)

• SarazenSarazen Member Posts: 2
    Thank you jsaving