Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tag Based Scripting - Where's the template?

BeaverMageBeaverMage Member Posts: 11
edited May 2 in Builders - Scripting
This is my first contact with tag based scripting and i'm pretty new to all scripting actually. One of the ways I like to improve is see what others have done in the past. Recently I downloaded an old zombie survival module to examine some of their scripts since my module was going to feature zombies as well. One of the things I noticed really quickly is this module didn't use the default nwn zombie models. They actually used normal pc races and the races had different cloths. After searching a while I found an OnSpawn script that generated new cloths and equiped them to the npcs.

#include "gls_clothing"
void main()
{
// Apply a random amount of damage to Zombie.
effect eEffect = EffectDamage(Random(4)+1);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT,eEffect,OBJECT_SELF);
// Make the Zombie have random clothes.

GLSCreateRandomOutfit(1,1);
object oItem = GetFirstItemInInventory();
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ClearAllActions(TRUE));
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ActionEquipItem(oItem, INVENTORY_SLOT_CHEST));
}

The first thing that jumped out at me was #include "gls_clothing". None of my scripts had anything like that inside of it and I didn't see how a script that short could possibly do all the things it claimed to yet when I played the module and loaded in a high level character I noticed when I started killing the zombies sure enough new ones respawned with totally random cloths. I copied and pasted the code into my module and as i'm sure you're aware it didn't work. When I saved the script I got the error message "Script resource "gls_clothing" not found."

After looking online for a little while I found myself on the ever helpful nwnwiki looking at:
https://nwnlexicon.com/index.php/Grimlar_-_Introduction_To_Tag_Based_Scripting

which helped explain to my smooth brain that #include "gls_clothing" was somehow going into a folder and finding something called gls_clothing (unless i'm mistaken) and then adding that script to the one listed. My first though was that that's super cool and I didn't even know it could be done. My second thought was so ugh... where's the damn folder with the "templates?" it doesn't do me a whole lot of good if I can't see the code. And that's kind where i'm at right now. Where is the folder? Do I need some kind of software to access it or can I open it up in word or notepad? Haaaaaalp!!! please!

Post edited by BeaverMage on

Comments