Skip to content

Vertical Centering

AnonymousHeroAnonymousHero Member Posts: 98
edited May 2019 in UI Modding
(Not sure if the right forum...)

It seems that center-on-character (as in: press 1, 1 to center the view on the first character) is sort of off vertically. It's perfectly centered except that it completely ignores the fact that the message log (+ action bar) occupies a huge portion of the lower half of the viewport. Surely I can't be the only one who's annoyed by this?

I play solo and have a habit of speeding through various areas by just clicking, continually pressing 1, clicking, pressing 1, etc. and this is only really feasible by zooming out really far. Additionally, I have auto-pause: Enemy Sighted on, and even when I'm doing this continual re-centering I frequently experience an auto-pause where the spotted enemy is 'hidden' beneath the message log (and very hard to see).

Is there a way to change this behavior? (Mod or otherwise).

The ideal behavior for me would be if the 'center on character' mechanic would center the viewport in a way s.t. the character is halfway between the top of the screen and the top of the message log.

EDIT: I should add that I'm currently using LeUI-SoD, but IIRC the vanilla UI behaves the same way.