Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Dual classed fighters and weapon proficiencies

Can anyone clarify how exactly weapon proficiencies work when dual classing from and to fighter classes?

If I dual class from a fighter to say a thief, can the thief put more than one pip into a weapon? Am I limited to specialization like multiclass fighters or can I go to grand mastery? Also do I need to wait for the fighter abilities to reactivate before I can start putting more than one pip into a weapon?

If dual classing to a fighter, are there any restrictions or can I get to grand mastery?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 101
    Your dual-classed fighter-thief can put only one pip into a proficiency as long as the dual is incomplete. Once the fighter class is active again, they can put as many pips as a fighter of the same level could; 3 if their level is 3 to 5, 4 if it's 6 to 8, or 5 if it's 9 or more.

If dual-classing to a fighter, it doesn't matter whether the dual is complete. Only your fighter level matters in that case, so you can achieve grandmastery if your fighter level is 9 or more. This is, of course, impossible under the TotSC experience cap of 161K.