Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Rakshasa race as a PC

Hello all,

I am very interested in playing Baldur's gate I and II EE again, but with a very different race than what it allows currently. Is there a mod out there that allows players to choose Rakshasa as a race? I know there is a NPC Rakshasa Ranger currently that can be downloaded, but I actually would like to create a PC using that race. If not, than is it easy I could create a mod for that purpose and be pointed in the right direction on how to begin that journey?

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 902
    Not sure how easy it would be to fully implement, but you can already get semi-decent results by setting your appearance to Rakhshasa in EEKeeper. However, there are several limitations:
    • No melee animations, regardless of equipped weapon it looks like you are attacking with your fist
    • No paperdoll

However, Rakshasa have casting animations, so you are at least covered in that regard.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,008
    It really depends on how far you wanna go.with it. Aesthetical change (reskin)? racial abilities ? Change in people's reactions and dialogues throughout the game? Personal quest?

• kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for your comments, sadly it looks like EEKeeper does not work on a Mac which is what I have unless I wanted to go through Wineskin I would have to set up and there are no guarantees of course.

I would not get too advanced, if I can just have an Aesthetic change and racial abilities and have Rakshasa listed under Race on the character screen, I think that would be good enough. The rest can be just using my own imagination so I wouldn't worry about people's reactions or a personal quest as I would be quite new to modding.

I haven't created a mod before, but I can only guess that I could use the Rakshasa paper doll and animations that are already there in BG, I would then just need to add the racial abilities and add that to the character creation screen. This is all just random thoughts though and could be way off base :)

It sounds like I would have to create a mod which I like coding anyway. Is there a basic mod guide I could use to start?