Skip to content

BG2EE playthrough with caster-only custom party

Hey guys,

starting a new run and I'm thinking of a custom party with (almost) only caster characters. Maybe I go with 5 people to be able to do NPC-related quests. I'm using a lot of mods, including SCS2 to make the game more challenging.

Im thinking of:

Main character: Classic mage without specialization (other suggestions?)
2nd: Thief/Mage for traps etc...
3rd: Cleric/Mage
4th: Geomantic Sorcerer
5th: any ideas?

Any other funny and/or challenging ideas?

Comments

• Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    Why a vanilla mage as main? Since you'll have multiple arcane casters, you won't have to worry about restricted spell schools.

You could also just EEkeeper NPCs to your needs so you can do all their quests. Wouldn't Keldorn make a good sorcerer? :D
  • Bomb3rmanBomb3rman Member Posts: 9
    Gatekeep3r wrote: »
    Why a vanilla mage as main? Since you'll have multiple arcane casters, you won't have to worry about restricted spell schools.

Good Point, maybe I'll take a conjurer :)
    Gatekeep3r wrote: »
    You could also just EEkeeper NPCs to your needs so you can do all their quests. Wouldn't Keldorn make a good sorcerer? :D

Well it's just that I played with the characters so many times that I'm a bit tired of them...
  • Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    Personally I've always found custom parties really boring. I guess I'm not RP'ing enough to make it work. I need banter :)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    your party is very weak as physical damage dealers, only the C/M can buff himself to be a good mlee frontliner.
    i think that a F->M (maybe with he berseker or kensai kit) or F/M would add a lot of power and would allow to use very strong weapons that other way only the T/M with UAI could use, but without using them to their full potential.

the dual can also be the main mage (the one that uses the best equipment for fast casting) as alternative to the sorcerer, the multi is a much better fighter as he gets plenty of fighter's HLA.

an other useful addiction is a druid, so you have access to all the magic, pure class, kit or even a dual or multi with fighter as starting class.

with a F->M as charname and a F->D as 5th your party should have almost the same casting capability, but should pull out up to 6 mlee fighters when needed, not including the thief but including the simulacrums.
    a F/M as 5th member is also a good alternative, you miss some useful druid spells, but he is far superior as a tank, while the charname dual is a more competent mage and a good flanker when needed.

most of my parties are with casters only, even if i tend to use the npcs, but i find that it can be done in a way that allow the party to be super strong as casting without sacrificing too much mlee power.
  • Bomb3rmanBomb3rman Member Posts: 9
    These are some nice suggestions, thanks :)