Skip to content

Rogue Rebalancing: No Executable?

shibzshibz Member Posts: 3
Hey new to the forums.

Have been playing Baldur's Gate off and on for a long time and finally had the urge to get back into it after the recent news about a Baldur's Gate 3. Last time I played Baldur's Gate EE with RR was on windows 7. Now i'm on windows 10 and want to get back into it, so got weidu set up and downloaded RR but it seems that every download comes up with the same problem: no normal executable (with the rogue face icon). However, there is a setup-rr file that my comp doesn't recognize and keeps trying to open through IE.

Any insight into what the issue is? Or what I can do to make the setup file an executable?

Comments

• DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2019
    Theres no other directory? Just the setup-rr that your computer isnt recognizing? Iirc those mods that use an exe instead of a basic archive can also be opened with an archive tool (WinRAR for example) and be used exactly like the other mods. I believe these were made this way before modern modding tools and helped streamline installation for new users.

You can do that by right clicking the setup-rr and selecting open with, then you'll have to choose your program or possibly find it in your computer if it doesnt show up on the initial list.
  • shibzshibz Member Posts: 3
    There is no other directory. I extracted the files with winRAR and have no idea what to open setup-rr with since I can't even install ascension/weidu properly because it's looking for the old ToB installation.

I was able to figure this out with the original games on an older OS but I feel like EE (alongside windows 10?) has changed things up so much and i'm struggling to find any consistent information on how to install anything properly. Perhaps i'm in over my head, not the most tech-savvy person in the world. Appreciate the help though!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The setup program is just a copy of WeiDU. Download the version appropriate for your system over yonder, and then rename the weidu program setup-rr.
  • shibzshibz Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Wait wait wait, I think I got it sorted. For some reason there were multiple layers of folders for each thing I downloaded, just had to swap the name like Cam suggested and then move some files. Thanks for the input guys!