Skip to content

Nearinfinity how to re-name a kit? (I have done it before but need a little help now!)

RosatineRosatine Member Posts: 4
Hey everyone,

Following on from my recent post asking about Lovecraftian mods, which there appears are not many available! I figured the least I could do was re-name a class kit to something more to my liking - for example, I could change 'Priest of Helm' to 'Acolyte' - or something like that.

Now, I've done this plenty of times before. But it was all years and years ago, and honestly, I have now forgotten absolutely everything. I'm looking at Nearinfinity now and it's hardly even ringing a bell - I do remember it was a very quick and easy process though.

I do not mind if I change every npcs kit name, or just mine (I seem to remember it was easier to change everybody's).

I don't just change the name in the KITLIST.2DA do I? Was there something more than that?

Would anybody be kind enough to talk me through step by step on how to change a kit name? Or at least point me in the right direction so it'll hopefully jog some cog in my memory?

Thank you very much for reading!

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Having never done this before, I hope it doesn't break your game. Probably best to backup your dialog.tlk file.

First, find the kit in near infinity in kitlist.2da as you mentioned. The kit names are in columns three and four. "Lower" is the kit name all lower case. Mixed is the kit name with mixed case (Berserker). If you edit the associated strings, I imagine it should update the game.