Skip to content

Inv. icons (items) got unnecessarily poor quality.

FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
edited November 2012 in Not An Issue
The overall picture quality is VERY mixed.
What I really reacted on was if I pick up an item with the mouse the item gets a tad bit bigger (expected & normal behavior) and the icon quality & detail is really nice, but when the items are placed anywhere in the inventory it uses the poor vanilla quality.

My native res is 1680x1050, using win7 x64, english version.

EDIT: Picture (right one is when I have it picked up with the mouse and the left one is when it's placed in the inventory).
So the bug here would be the game is using low quality assets when there are higher quality available.

(Spellbook icons are also VERY poor quality)
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Coriander This isn't an issue? I can confirm it.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Balquo The issue is that we're using vanilla assets?
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    @Coriander
    Current behavior: Placed items uses vanilla icon assets
    Expected behavior: Placed items should use the available higher quality assets
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Coriander Well the issue is if you have an item (say leat06.itm) in your inventory the image quality is low/blurry but if you pick that item up it has high quality image. Give it a test and you will see.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Balquo Well now you've tricked me into equipping cursed armor. If you check out ILEAT06.BAM, the inventory icon for LEAT06.ITM, there's two sequences. One is what your mouse cursor changes into when you pick it up, the other is the icon displayed in the slot. Some item icons were updated by 1PP.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited November 2012
    @Coriander I don't really see your point there. What is it to stop you from having the updated (improved, higher quality) icon for both sequences?
    Why does the icon we see the most (the one displayed in the slot) look really bad while the one we pick up looks quite good?