Skip to content

What Is This, Exactly? (Skybox Issue)

Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to share a glitch I’ve been receiving using the Real Skies hak for an EE module. I’m trying to isolate the source of the glitch and have been unsuccessful in identifying it. I’m posting it here in the hopes that someone has seen this before and can recognize what is happening. I am unable to determine if it’s an issue with the hak, or my module, or my GPU, or some other corruption in between. Because it happens only about 50% of the time, I tend to rule out GPU. Also, it never happened before until the last couple months. So, while I can’t rule out GPU stuff (all drivers updated), I still doubt it’s the issue.

To describe the issue, I am having long black triangles rendered in the skybox field, descending down from up above. This is typically in the front vision field of the PC, and then on the back 180 degree it is blackness and no skybox is rendered. I am using the Real Skies.hak for EE. Now I’ll post some pictures to show what I mean:

0lrng66lp81c.png

and here's a view if you just turn around and look behind you (darkness in daytime)
662gmi4uzjtc.png

Here is what it used to look like:
7wc9dot3ddta.png

hi930bwb6mdp.png

and then bad behavior again (for it is not limited by tileset):

7gtbspnz2bha.png

So I post this here, in the hopes that someone may recognize what is happening.

Late Edit: I forgot to add that this occurs with "Grass_Clear" and "Grass_Stormy" skyboxes only.
Post edited by Old_Gith on