Skip to content

I want to mod weapons.

Xan's +3 dagger(longsword): I want that and I know I can get it. Just not sure how...

Comments

• Chronos371Chronos371 Member Posts: 16
    Chronos371 wrote: »
    Xan's +3 dagger(longsword): I want that and I know I can get it. Just not sure how...

I'm pretty sure the guy said you need the "Near-infinity engine"?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you talking about icewind dale or baldur's gate? because this is in the icewind dale section

so assuming this is in the right section, there are a couple of ways you can go to do this:

first:

use EE keeper

EE keeper works for BG1EE/BG2EE/IWDEE and you can "force" the item into your weapon slot, although any time you level up you might have to "reforce" it in

second:

use Near Infinity

this is a modding tool that you can use so you can go and dig into virtually any file into the game and make it so that anyone can use Xan's moonblade by making it usable by anyone or some such

and luckily Near Infinity can also be used with BG1EE/BG2EE/IWDEE as well, so you should be able to pull this off

Thanx, ya haven't been here since starting IWD; so I need both or either?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Near Infinity would probably be better to be honest, because once you put on the setting for the moonblade: "usable by anyone"

this setting will save forever sort of deal

while with EE keeper you will have to keep forcing it on your character every play through and possibly on levels up
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2019
    Did you manage to do it? And what do you want exactly.
    Oh, the moonblade disappeared when I imported.