Skip to content

What mods to install to turn my Fighter-Thief into a Kensai-Thief?

American_DesiAmerican_Desi Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone, I'm a relative newcomer to the EE edition of Baldur's Gate. I dabbled in installing mods on the older version of BG but that was a while ago. Now I'd like to try it again for my Fighter-Thief character on my Steam version of BG:EE for MacOS. Specifically, I'd like to change him into a Kensai-Thief, remove the restriction on weapon proficiencies so that he can attain grand mastery/full mastery in all weapons, and if possible, make it so he can wear any armor, bracers, or helmets that a thief could wear. My question is, are there any mods that work with BG:EE (Mac/Steam version) that would let me do that, and if so, can you point me in the direction of how to obtain them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• American_DesiAmerican_Desi Member Posts: 7
    *bump* Any one have any suggestions? I apologize if my question seems elementary, but I'm new to the whole modding thing.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Well, you can simply use EEKeeper (a save game editor) to add the kit and remove the restrictions as per your requirement. You can find it here.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    kEEper
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    edited June 2019
    Hi @American_Desi
    You can use CDtweaks. It has a component that removes the restrictions on the grand mastery for multi class fighters. The mod also has a component that lets kensais wear bracers.

The kit can be assigned by either the Kit tome mod (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18629/mod-kit-tomes) or the the EE keeper tool.

The item restrictions are best bypassed by assigning the use any item HLA via the EE keeper. You have to self impose restrictions for the items you don’t want to use.