Skip to content

[BUG] Laptop Issues

Here are a couple issues I've had so far (about 30 minutes into the game).

1) When entering a building or a cave, the background area still shows parts of the area before, and also clips the current building, I was able to solve this by making the graphics run specifically on my GeForce GTX 660M.

2) PC and NPC circles (the ones that surround them on the ground, blue for passive, green for ally, red for enemy, etc.), Tab-Highlighted Containers, Role-over Highlighted Containers, and Area transfer highlighting all do not work properly on full screen. They do, however, work properly on windowed mode but only when induced by an edited .ini file as shown here. Oddly enough, going into full screen mode after the edit everything will work smoothly, until you restart the game on full screen where it won't work again.

While I fixed the first, the second is quite aggravating when you play on full screen seeing as you miss containers and it makes targeting a little bit harder.

Thanks,
Prince_of_Lies

Comments

• Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    edited November 2012
    Also, on full screen the Intro screen does not work properly... It'll often be what ever was on the screen last. This doesn't seem to happen in the windowed mode.

Here's a pic.

Thanks again,
    Prince_of_Lies
  • I have been experiencing the same bugs.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    I have these same issues on my laptop, but have no idea how to fix either.
  • I followed Prince_Of_Lies fixes above, as long as I play in windowed mode, it works for me
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Actually, I have found that all of these issues disappear for me if I start the game in windowed mode, and then switch to fullscreen. You can't go from fullscreen to windowed and back, you have to start in windowed.
  • onmikkelsenonmikkelsen Member Posts: 25
    Wakukee said:

Actually, I have found that all of these issues disappear for me if I start the game in windowed mode, and then switch to fullscreen. You can't go from fullscreen to windowed and back, you have to start in windowed.

hey it helps
    Tnx:)

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Does this problem still need the workaround steps after patching to 2011?
  • Fr3nzFr3nz Member Posts: 67
    same for me
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2012
    @Avenger_teambg, I've been busy for the holidays and haven't tested/updated yet. Shall do so soon.

UPDATE: Patch 2011 makes no change on these bugs.
    Post edited by Prince_of_Lies on
  • Fr3nzFr3nz Member Posts: 67
    up