Skip to content

Exporting Game to Siege of Dragonspear iOS

I understand that I'm supposed to long-tap the quick-save button and this will let me export my save game with its characters to sequel games like SOD/BGII.

But... how can I do this *after* defeating Sarevok in BG 1? I kill his henchmen and try to grab their stuff, then kill Sarevok last, but the moment I kill him I can't quick save anything as it cuts to the final video. It appears to save the game at that point, but I can't load the game to long-tap quick-save as it goes immediately to the final video, and I can't seem to export the game from the save game list itself.... or is there way to do that?

Would really appreciate some guidance here. Since I can't even save the game in the middle of the battle, does this mean I have to export the game *before* the final battle with Sarevok begins? Seriously?

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I have done it several times.

Sometimes I just export the pre Sarevok fight save game after I have beaten him. I am usually at max xp anyway, and the have no extraordinary loot.

But otherwise it is quite possible to do the following:

1) beat the game
    2) watch curtain fall and end credits
    3) load the final save
    4) press pause immediately after you have loaded the game
    5) export the game by long tapping

Here is picture of the pause screen - Sarevok dead on the ground
    x36cdbhycswl.png
    Gusinda
  • American_DesiAmerican_Desi Member Posts: 7
    Thanks! I kept trying to do exactly that but it would immediately go straight to the end sequence. Maybe I just wasn't fast enough - I'll try it again.
    StummvonBordwehr
    I still can't seem to get to that pause button fast enough after Sarevok dies. Any tricks or tips on that? Any Speedy Gonzales vitamins out there? :-)

I ended up trying to export an older save, and while it worked well, I was dismayed to note that my party's scroll case and gem bag went missing with everything they had within, while each of my party was now carrying +1 armors and weapons in their inventory that we previously did not have. Is this a known bug and is there any way around it?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited June 2019
    That’s strange, I generally manage to pause and save after killing him and before the end credits. Can you track the damage done to him and then exactly when he dies in the text at the bottom of the screen? This may trigger slightly quicker than the death animation?

Also does it really matter as all you lose is the xp from killing him and the fairly uninspiring loot of his allies?

When you export you should take everything import from any containers to avoid losing them. This is also the case in IWD. As you are moving on to SOD be ready to juggle items off your companions at key points in case they leave (especially those they are wearing) and between chests in your resting quarters to make sure you keep the essentials
    I have quite a few potions and scrolls and don't have enough space in my characters' inventories without the potion case and scroll case. Is there a place I could put them that will carry over into SoD, since SoD appears to start in Baldur's Gate? I'm guessing probably not, but I thought I'd ask. So.... the game forces you to give up these containers for everyone? this is not a bug? Wonder why they do that?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Unfortunately there are no containers / places that you can put them so that they carry over. I stack the most essential items in quick slots. I also keep the most valuable gems to sell early in SoD (rogue stones etc). It is annoying but you can quickly replenish everything in SoD.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    ilduderino wrote: »
    Unfortunately there are no containers / places that you can put them so that they carry over. I stack the most essential items in quick slots. I also keep the most valuable gems to sell early in SoD (rogue stones etc). It is annoying but you can quickly replenish everything in SoD.
    I do the same. Here is the inventory of the above mentioned exported game
    y4jo6w69r9v1.png