Skip to content

My Problem with Dorn in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition : I've spent over 500 hours on this game

I have over 500 hours invested in this game and I'm truly devastated. I have been gaming since I was 3 and a half (In 1980) and never looked back. Baldur's Gate is my all time Favorite game, so I was really heart broken when I tried to return to my save to find Dorn is acting strange. He wont move properly when commanded and the cursor/pointer keeps Blinking for some reason. If You could help me fix this, I would be profoundly grateful.

I can see the solution that Julius posted but to be honest, I'm not that bright. I'm the kind of guy who needs things explained on a more simple level. Could you break down the Console Commands parts into steps I can grasp the solution ?

If anyone out there help me finish this game, I would be eternally grateful.

Andrew M.

Comments

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Sounds like you have loaded a save from a previous version i.e. the game has patched since you last played. Unfortunately that ruins your incomplete saved games. Patching also breaks your mod installations if you had them. The options are to start over from scratch or it might be possible to get a copy of the software with v2 patch or whatever you started the game with (current version is v2.5).

To avoid this kind of thing you can copy your entire game directory and play it "offline" which is what people typically do when modding their game. That way you have a clean unmodded "online" install that will auto-patch without affecting your games in progress. You can copy the updated game and start over with mods whenever you are ready to move on with that method.

Sorry about your loss, happened to me too and now I know better. Note that you can at least export your character from the old save since you can load the game without crashing. That way if you replay it, you could skip some areas since you already have the XP and treasure from them on your exported character.