Skip to content

Tips on which PW to join?

Since Glorwing (the obvious choice) is not up yet, I'm looking for a PW to replace my current addiction of Blackstone Keep. (Blackstone Keep is truly awesome, but I've been playing there for so long I need to change things up a bit.)

I hope I can get some tips here. I'm looking for this:
- No hardcore rest restrictions. I can live with carrying some food and a bedroll, but I want to be able to rest now and then without having to walk three hours to a tavern and then back again.
- No permadeath or "10 deaths and you're permadead" or other silly death penalties that takes 15 minutes just to read through. I especially hate the "chance of losing the weapon you carry". I can live with losing cash and some xp.
- Some way to avoid PvP if I don't want to participate.
- Some players to RP with if I feel like it. Especially during European afternoons.
- Allows multiclassing without too many restrictions.
- Cool items. Maybe a nice crafting system that doesn't take an engineering exam to figure out.
- Possible to quest/level up alone without getting killed all the time.

So, any suggestions?

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    After all these years, there is still a healthy choice from which to select. You sound like you might like Action, but if you feel like breaking out into some RP now and then, you still can. If so, then you should try World of Greyhawk Action Server. Be warned, it can be challenging. There is a custom crafting system, probably about 50 quests (several rather epic in scope), a custom Loot System, and no permadeath.
  • CornflowerCornflower Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! I'll check it out
  • TarashonTarashon Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2019
    Hi there Cornflower.

After lifting our class restrictions Alangara can fulfill all this and much much more with the exception of players. However we hope that lifting all the restrictions will draw in new and old players alike. Also we have tons of quests for you to single-play a grand world if alone :)

I'm also on European time.

To see more look at...

alangara.net

/Tarashon
    Post edited by Tarashon on
  • Blksabbath74Blksabbath74 Member Posts: 27
    I’ll throw Anchorome into the mix...

https://discord.gg/ndp4SsX

Brand new server, going beta within the week but gaining a lot of traction.