Skip to content

Feature Request: Additional Opportunity to Create Party when importing into SoD

ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
So Beamdog has implemented the Create Party function, which is very nice for when you want to pad out your group in ways that the NPC's don't offer.

You can create a party when starting a new game in the main BG1 campaign. And you can create a party when starting a new game in the Siege of Dragonspear campaign. But if you import your character from BG1, then it bypasses the opportunity to create a new party.

So for example you might play through BG1 with Quayle, then when you reach SoD, there's no comparable NPC to Quayle, so if you wanted a comparable NPC you would have to create him. In the current state of the game, the only way to do that would be to start BG1 with your custom illusionist/cleric, play through the entire main Baldur's Gate 1 campaign with him, then take him with you into Siege of Dragonspear, never having taken advantage of the Companion Quayle at all.

Comments

• monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    From a RP point of view, that seems weird given that the prologue of SoD is supposed to take place with the same group that defeated Sarevok.

And once out of the prologue, you need to gather a new party before venturing forth anyway. I guess the feature you are requesting should be added at that point then ?

If you don't care much about RP, then you can just start a new game in SoD and import your PC from BG1, and add your custom party members.
    If starting a new game instead of importing one, the game afterwards fills the party slots with NPCs from BG1 for the duration of the prologue.

Although that might be different depending on your device. I play on iPad, and SoD is a different app, so I have to start/import a new game anyway, whereas when playing on PC I think that the game just continues after Sarevok's death into SoD ?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    If you feel like it's weird for your roleplaying then obviously you just won't use the feature. Not like I'm proposing they make it mandatory to sub out a companion or anything.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It's come to my attention that an easy workaround if you want to customize your party any time is to copy your save into the multiplayer folder, and open it as a multiplayer game.

It's been so long since I used that trick so I forgot about it.