Skip to content

New Module - The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, U1-U3

Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
edited July 2019 in NWN:EE Modules
Greetings EE Community, this is just a heads up that I have released my first EE compatible module, The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. Note that this also includes the sequels, Danger at Dunwater and The Final Enemy.

Although I have built and created multiple adventures for the World of Greyhawk Action Server, this is my first attempt at creating a stand-alone module for the Community. It can be found here at the Vault..

Cheers everyone!

Comments

• DokhtorVeeDokhtorVee Member Posts: 4
    The screenshots alone make it worth checking out. Looking forward to dive into it!
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    I uploaded a new version (the one I thought was shelf ready was missing a couple of key ingredients).
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Old_Gith Does choosing which deity to worship play a factor in these modules, or is it strictly for role-playing and backstory purposes? Is St. Cuthbert the Intermediate god of Retribution, or does he have a different portfolio?
    Each deity has their own portfolio (Domains & accepted alignments and racial restrictions), but it doesn't play a role other than for Clerics. Non-clerics may choose a deity which may give one additional access to clergy shops of that deity. For instance, a good aligned halfling character may be a worshipper of Yondalla and have access to the merchant in the small Yondalla Chapel located in Saltmarsh. Most deities have more than two domains that a cleric can choose from during character creation, but one will need to know those in advance. There's a simple deity search engine one could use to make sure they are on the straight and narrow, located here : Greyhawk Deity Search Engine
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2020
    Recently tried to play this. So nice to see classic Greyhawk adventures still receiving attention. Gorgeous visuals & creative use of custom content, but its origin as a PW module shows - I'm sure it could be great with a GM, but as a SP module it really lacks some initial direction & fleshing out for generic NPCs. Couldn't find any way to revive henchies, despite scrolls being available. I wish the cleric system was documented - couldn't seem to be able to find a god who would have me. ;)

Sorry to be critical, again I'm sure it's great as an MP module, but with those issues it would need some overhauling to be enjoyed by a single player.
    After a long hiatus, I have just completed an overhaul of the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. It has been made compatible with all of the Beamdog changes in the last year or two (a lot was made broken with their updates), all bugs fixed, more content, flourishes, polishing and extras added, updated and revised all haks and tlk files(see the listing).

As for some of the comments about "lack of direction" from some players, I totally get that criticism, but again, this is how the original module is. I've stayed faithful in that regard. You roleplay your character and figure it out. It's not a "hold you by the hand and spoonfeed you" module, which is what most people are accustomed anymore, it seems. But I digress.

For those looking for a new adventure, or perhaps already tried but would like to try it again, this one is locked, cocked and loaded: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh U1-U3.