Skip to content

what triggers banter?

this is something i have wanted to know for while. what triggers banters in siege of dragon spear? there are some points where i go awhile with out any banters firing even tho i have an accelerator installed. i do know the more interjection component of the tweak pack effects the banter triggers for some reason due to as soon as i uninstalled it i was getting banters more frequently.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Depends. Some banters trigger with area triggers. So you reach a certain point on a certain map, and get the dialogue. So if you like to CTRL-J around, you could miss something.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That depends. For SoD, conversations between the PC and companions are almost always triggered by a specific ground trigger in certain maps when you walk over them. Banters between companions does not seem to be caused by triggers, however, and may simply be based off a timer.
    megamike15ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it must be something time based as messing with cntrl t made one pop up with sirene and corwin. and when i uninstalled more interjections from the tweak pack [ i still have no idea why it was messing with the banter triggers] i got some after resting.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Most modders don't bother with the location-triggered gimmick and code our banters purely around timers. I use two simultaneous timers between banters - one in real-time and one in game-time. The in-game timer between banters only affects banters between the same two characters and finds a random value between 1 and 14 days. The real-time one blocks all banters for a value that... I'm not certain of, but it should be roughly 8-10 minutes.
    megamike15RAM021AndreaColombo