Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

what triggers banter?

this is something i have wanted to know for while. what triggers banters in siege of dragon spear? there are some points where i go awhile with out any banters firing even tho i have an accelerator installed. i do know the more interjection component of the tweak pack effects the banter triggers for some reason due to as soon as i uninstalled it i was getting banters more frequently.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,033
    Depends. Some banters trigger with area triggers. So you reach a certain point on a certain map, and get the dialogue. So if you like to CTRL-J around, you could miss something.

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 231
    That depends. For SoD, conversations between the PC and companions are almost always triggered by a specific ground trigger in certain maps when you walk over them. Banters between companions does not seem to be caused by triggers, however, and may simply be based off a timer.

megamike15ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,672
    it must be something time based as messing with cntrl t made one pop up with sirene and corwin. and when i uninstalled more interjections from the tweak pack [ i still have no idea why it was messing with the banter triggers] i got some after resting.

• AionZAionZ Member Posts: 2,992
    Most modders don't bother with the location-triggered gimmick and code our banters purely around timers. I use two simultaneous timers between banters - one in real-time and one in game-time. The in-game timer between banters only affects banters between the same two characters and finds a random value between 1 and 14 days. The real-time one blocks all banters for a value that... I'm not certain of, but it should be roughly 8-10 minutes.

megamike15RAM021