Skip to content

Is there a way to play a thief/druid multi- or dualclass?

Hey everyone! :)

I'm thinking about a new party setup. I've got most characters and roles figured out already, with the exception of someone for "thieving duty": Picking locks & disarming traps.
A bard already covers picking pockets while a monk serves as the party's scout.

As I'd also like to incorporate a druid into the group, I was wondering if there's a way that allows me to have both: Either a half-elf thief/druid or a human thief that duals to druid at some point.
I'd even settle for a ranger if they could use said thieving skills.
(From a roleplaying point of view I envision her as some kind of guerilla gardener... ;) )

Sooo, does anyone know of any mods for the Enhanced Edition with a thief/druid kit?
Can I use EEKeeper to dual a thief to a druid?

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    With EEKeeper you can for sure
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Meandre wrote: »
    Can I use EEKeeper to dual a thief to a druid?
    No :(

Only valid multiclass option for Druid is Fighter...

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited July 2019
    A bard's pickpocket skill isn't high enough to reliably fill that role (though you can make it work by drinking potions) and a monk isn't a great scout since they can't also backstab. I'd replace one of them, personally, with a fighter/thief or fighter/mage/thief. Fighter and thief have great synergies as you can backstab and then have the sustained DPS to make a meaningful melee contribution. Mage and thief have great synergies as well since you can use the invisibility spell as a substitute for stealth, which lets you funnel more thief points into locks/traps/pickpocketing. And having all three provides more synergies still since the mage's defensive buffs let you backstab and then take 0 damage as you melee your foes.
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
    jsaving wrote: »
    A bard's pickpocket skill isn't high enough to reliably fill that role (though you can make it work by drinking potions) and a monk isn't a great scout since they can't also backstab. I'd replace one of them, personally, with a fighter/thief or fighter/mage/thief. Fighter and thief have great synergies as you can backstab and then have the sustained DPS to make a meaningful melee contribution. Mage and thief have great synergies as well since you can use the invisibility spell as a substitute for stealth, which lets you funnel more thief points into locks/traps/pickpocketing. And having all three provides more synergies still since the mage's defensive buffs let you backstab and then take 0 damage as you melee your foes.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've already played my fair share of thief/x multi- oder dualclasses over the years.

Which is one of the reasons why I'm looking for something new! :smile:

Well, that, and my party composition already being pretty much set.

IMHO, there's not much to pickpocket in the dale, besides a few valuable marks in Kuldahar. I've always found a bard to be more than adequate for my pickpocketing needs.
    In the same vein, I favor a playing style that doesn't rely extensively on stealth (or backstabbing, for that matter), so a thief specializing in hide/move silently is usually not needed by me.

I though about covering the thief's skillset with spells, like you suggested for the invisibility spell.
    However, I found relying on a limited resource (spells per day) instead of the unlimited skills makes for a less interesting game. And it would still leave a party with no option to disarm traps. :#
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Meandre wrote: »
    jsaving wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've already played my fair share of thief/x multi- oder dualclasses over the years.

Which is one of the reasons why I'm looking for something new! :smile:

Well, that, and my party composition already being pretty much set.

IMHO, there's not much to pickpocket in the dale, besides a few valuable marks in Kuldahar. I've always found a bard to be more than adequate for my pickpocketing needs.
    In the same vein, I favor a playing style that doesn't rely extensively on stealth (or backstabbing, for that matter), so a thief specializing in hide/move silently is usually not needed by me.

I though about covering the thief's skillset with spells, like you suggested for the invisibility spell.
    However, I found relying on a limited resource (spells per day) instead of the unlimited skills makes for a less interesting game. And it would still leave a party with no option to disarm traps. :#

Rabbit familiar (true neutral mage, sorcerer, or bard) can disarm most traps. Especially if you cast Luck on it from the lucky scimitar and sing Tymora's Melody with your bard...
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Does the rabbit actually have skill points, or are you saying to rely on its energy resistances? Lol
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited July 2019
    Does the rabbit actually have skill points, or are you saying to rely on its energy resistances? Lol

It has an actual skill point in detect traps and can disarm them. It's either 40% or 50% base ( I can't remember off the top of my head). A rabbit can disarm all of the traps up until Dragon's Eye without any help other than the bard song. In Dragon's Eye there are traps it can't disarm but I can't remember if I boosted it with Luck or not...
    RAM021ElysianEchoes
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    Closest you can play is Stalker-cleric or cleric-thief, I am afraid.
    RAM021
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    PsicoVic
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38

Thank you! I'll have a look at Faiths & Powers! :smile:
    I don't know if I'm willing to dive into a complete reworking of the priest classes and a sphere system right now. But Faiths & Powers certainly looks like it has a lot to offer!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can create a multi or dual cleric/thief and give him druid spells via eekeeper.