Skip to content

BG1EE to BG2EE Neera Romance Global Variable for Imported CHARNAME

Assuming the Neera romance in BG1 was completed, is it supposed to continue into BG2 with new content? If so, what should the Global Variable be when starting BG2 with an import? NEERA_ROMANCE is currently at 3 for my BG2 playthrough and I understand that in BG1, 3 would mean the romance is complete. Does it go to 4 or something? CHARNAME has not met Neera in BG2 yet.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    For BG2, assuming that the EE romances follow the same protocol as the original romances, the variable that keeps track of the BG2 romance status would be "NEERAROMANCEACTIVE". A value of 1 means that it is currently in progress, 2 means that it is "locked in", and 3 means you've turned down/broken off the romance.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    The romance in BG2 should commence in the same way regardless of what happened in BG. Kind of like how Imoen, Jaheira and Minsk react to you, you have the chance to frame or reframe your relationship from that point
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    so it is possible to romancde neera in bg, then completely forget about, both charname and her, and start a new romance in bg2, as if nothing happened before?

i have only romanced her in bg2, but if so imho is not a good way to implement a new romanceable npc from a RP point of view.
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    so it is possible to romancde neera in bg, then completely forget about, both charname and her, and start a new romance in bg2, as if nothing happened before?

i have only romanced her in bg2, but if so imho is not a good way to implement a new romanceable npc from a RP point of view.

Yep, if you prefer, you can pick choices in BG2 that acknowledge/deny that you were in a relationship with Neera in BG1/SoD and romance somebody else entirely. (Then again, this is based on the save game that I imported from SoD, so it's possible that it was checking for a variable in SoD, not BG1.)
  • WatchlordWatchlord Member Posts: 2
    Ok, now that we've met, there are some new variables. Strange that the one from BG1 carries over.

p1u5opym2d4r.png
    I suspect that the BG1 variable is what triggers a slightly different conversation with Neera during the first companion banter with her (she has one conversation where she mentions your shared romance back in the first game, and you can confirm/deny that it happened. There's also a similar conversation where she doesn't mention any shared history at all; that NEERA_ROMANCE variable, or the lack of it, is probably what triggers it.)