Skip to content

Need another same-ish help

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
Would like to play male this time and romance Aerie or Viconia. I prefer Aerie.

Options are:
Cleric/Ranger with edited -ini/lua files
Druid, pure and classic
fighter/druid
bard, blade subclass or pure
paladin

Companions:
Aerie, Haer-Daelis, Keldorn, Jan Jensen, Viconia
Possible replacement include Anomen & Cernd

What do you think?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Your companions leave you a bit light on mage power and front line tanking. So I’d probably recommend ranger/cleric. Or fighter/druid is very similar but slightly weaker (with the ini file edit at any rate).

Ugh Cernd. He would not be my recommendation.

Anomen can be a bit annoying but could be a good replacement for Viconia in your group - he brings a bit more to the table since you are already very well covered for divine magic.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited July 2019
    Or play CM, more arcane power and 2 CM correctly buffed give tanking power and do some serious damage.
    For me CM or RC, that has some apr more, and is effective also not buffed.
    A CM can self buff with improved haste, it offset his low apr, that is 4 at best, with Anomen, stronger option, or Viconia, he his not really needed, is a super solid and strong party, whose only weakness is to get lev 9 spells very late.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Keldorn and Viconia will NOT get along, unless you install a mod that prevents NPCs from fighting with each other. Likewise, depending on how quickly you progress in Aerie's romance, you might wind up in a love triangle with Haer'Dalis, and he'll leave the party if Aerie chooses you over him.

I also find Anomen a bit of a pain to keep in my party (although he gets better if he passes his Knighthood test, and having Keldorn in the group helps keep him on the straight and narrow), but he's honestly the best Cleric option for a Good-aligned party if you aren't one yourself. Cernd is not THAT bad, but I do agree that he's somewhat underwhelming compared to other companions. You might want to consider Valygar as another companion option too; he fits in well with the current group and he's an absolute beast in melee combat if you give him Celestial Fury, a good complement for Keldorn (Valygar stuns enemies, both he and Keldorn with Carsomyr hack it to pieces). Mazzy is also another good option for a Good-party, particularly if you find yourself a bit lacking in ranged damage; give her the Gesen Shortbow and Arrows of Acid/Frost and see why she's called "Machine Gun Mazzy". ;)
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2019
    As mentioned, I would add more mage firepower - in terms of personality they are also some of my least favourite npcs (with the exception of Keldorn, who I tend to let leave when the obvious opportunity arises, and Viconia, who I rarely use as I typically don’t play evil)