Skip to content

If nothing loads when you click 'play' or run baldur.exe try this..........

SevrenceSevrence Member Posts: 12
I know I read this fix somewhere on here, couldn't find the same thread tho, and I know I saw a few other people mention this problem so here goes.

I got it to work by running baldur.exe as administrator, and while I still had the loading icon next to my cursor, I hit start in the beamdog client.

Also in baldur.exe properties, under compatibility tab, choose windows vista service pack 1.

I hope this helps someone!

*Edit* now its working as long as its vista SP1 and baldur.exe 'run as administrator'.. don't need to hit start in beamdog anymore... whatever.. its working.. I'm happy lol

Comments

• GM1984GM1984 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you i'll try this when I get home, fuckin vista
  • Verify_23Verify_23 Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately, I only have the option of Windows Vista Service Pack 2... and it ain't working. If anybody has any other ideas, let me know!
  • CrystarkCrystark Member Posts: 22
    I had my folder copied/past to another computer. To make it work, i had to reinstall the bgee client at the same location i copied my folder. Then the play Button finally did something !
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    GM1984 said:

Its like $30 to upgrade to windows 8, so there's no excuse to still be using vista.

• Verify_23Verify_23 Member Posts: 6
    Mungri said:

GM1984 said:

Its like $30 to upgrade to windows 8, so there's no excuse to still be using vista.

How about living off minimum wage in one of the most expensive cities in Europe while also having to pay rent, college fees, bills and feed and clothe myself? Is that a valid excuse for not spending money on something that's not absolutely critical?

tl;dr Don't be a dick. Either offer advice on how we can sort out this problem or keep quiet.
  • FyreFyre Member Posts: 28
    @Mungri

Hear of poor people? Most of the internet is composed of them. I am still on /XPSP3/ For crying out loud.

And, I don't even have a credit card. Which, is the only thing stopping me from getting my paws on Baldur's Gate Enhanced.