Skip to content

Regarding EE Trilogy

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
Is it in a stable V1 yet? I tried it out once before but it had a fair few bugs. I would love to try it again.

Comments

• leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2019
    According to my experience it's pretty stable... I installed it fairly recently (~1 month ago) and advanced quite along the main story with a test character to explore if everything worked perfectly.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend to give it a try, with the caveat that IMO is best not to use the EE Mod Install tool (unless you absolutely like the default selections provided there) and instead use Project Infinity for all your install needs, though.

I did a massive install over EET and was able to test several of the mods up-to the point where I was confident enough everything was working correctly, but I didn't manage to complete BG1 part of the game due to changing my mind on my mod selection when I was about to get to the end of BG1, so I decided to reinstall and restart, and then got distracted with other things :)

I'd totally recommend to install it on a clean *copy* of your main BG2 install and not overwrite your main install with it.

And you'll also need a clean copy of BG1+SoD with the DLC Merger mod installed (also recommend making a copy of your main BG1 install,) and a selection to your choice of BG1 mods installed there before even runing EET setup at all.

EDIT: Check this list (Mod Compatibility List for EET) in order to decide which mods to install over it and, more importantly, which mods are required to install previously over BG1 in order to have them ported as part of the EET installation.

EDIT2: Added important links as reference
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @leeux
    I have the source versions of the game from Beamdog rather than the Steam version do I still need a mod merger?
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    Hmmm... not sure, I don't think it's needed in that case, but in all honestly not sure how it works in that case! Hopefully someone that is more knowledgeable than me can chime in for those cases!

I'm almost sure that if you try to install EET and point it to the base BG1 installation, it will tell you if you're missing the DLC Merge or not... it'll probably be able to detect the fact that you already have SoD mod-merged, in that case.

I personally have my games on Steam, so for me it was always required to install it!

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    @leeux
    I have the source versions of the game from Beamdog rather than the Steam version do I still need a mod merger?

No. ModMerge/DLC Merger Mod is only needed for Steam and Gog versions since SOD needs to be unpacked first.