Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Why must I be such a masochist

rafael_altrafael_alt Member Posts: 2
I started playing D&D back in '90 or '91 and tried to play Icewind Dale when it came out, but never got to the end of it. Fast forward to this day, here I am, forty-something, making my way through this beautiful game.
Funny thing, I like to play solo, like I'm that little guy (or gal) on screen, being responsible for no one else. It makes no sense to control multiple people simultaneously. That's how I went through BG 1&2, NWN 1&2, expansions etc.
I now find myself trying to get rid of those spectral guards at Maluradek Castle (Trials Of The Luremaster) as a 30-lvl female human bard.
Yes, just one character, and that is a 30-lvl bard.
Since I couldn't find any thread so specific, I wonder if you people have any suggestions.

Post edited by rafael_alt on

Comments

• rafael_altrafael_alt Member Posts: 2
    edited July 18
    Ok, I just went back to my spellbook to see if I there was something different I could try and a few minutes later I was able to take seven or eight of them, one at a time - thank you, next, Ariana Grande-style.
    That's something I very much like in RPGs like these: it pushes you to find a way, a different way of accomplishing something. For over one hour I banged my head against the wall ("the wall" being those guards) and when I thought "I must approach this differently" it took me one shot. With just a (very high level) bard.

GusindaJuliusBorisovIamdorfSilver_Arrow