Skip to content

How to summon Messenger?

The Dearnise Quests aren't moving. Halp!

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What stage are you at in the questline? There are some parts where no messenger shows up at all and you're supposed to check in on the keep on your own.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @AionZ I finished the first 3 quests.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The quests associated with the keep mostly run on in-game timers. As a rule of thumb, it's about one event per week, like the taxes - so if you go two tax cycles without the majordomo having anything to say, you might have a glitch and need to spawn a messenger NPC to progress things. There are several different messengers here.

The first messenger you're likely to encounter is from Nalia's personal quest, there to inform her of her father's funeral. This comes up if you have Nalia in your party, whether you're running the keep or not. That messenger is named "Messenger", code NALIAMES.

The second comes if you have the keep, to inform you that Lord Roenall is issuing demands. That messenger is named "Runner", code KPRUNNER. This is the one that you need.

Finally, there's a "Keep Messenger"; I don't recall what event brings him, but his code is KPRUNN01.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    The Keep runner is always programmed to come look for you whenever the Major Domo needs you to adjudicate a situation, I believe. If he hasn't shown up, it's quite possible that he spawned in some map, but he failed to catch you before you ran off. (Happens more often than you'd think!) Despite that, talking to him isn't necessary to progress the quest and you can just manually go back and talk to the Major Domo on your own. jmerry has it right; the Keep events take place roughly 1 week after each other, so you can simply try resting a lot and then going back to the Keep and seeing if anything new has cropped up.