Skip to content

Help me Identify a Mod

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
So I'm playing EE Trilogy with mods and I've noticed that some of the areas in the game have been overhauled with much tougher creature encounters.
Examples I have seen so far:
1. The number of Xvarts in the Xvart village has been increased substantially. A few Xvart Protectors and at least one Xvart Shaman were also thrown in for good measure. I'm doing a no reload run so at this point I ran but lost 2 party members to a Hold Spell before dispatching about 9 Xvarts (luckily the shaman stayed put) who chased after me and ran back to Nashkel for ressurections.
2. The Nashkel Mines has slightly more kobolds and additional Commandos (3 at the Level 3 exit)
3. Mulaheys minions have been streamlined into fewer but stronger including 2 commandos in the empty room, 2 in Xans cell and at least 1 in Mulaheys room.

I also have additional items such as Bullets of Detonation and Minotar Axe found on bodies or in stores as well as new spells such as Ray of Frost and Sparks.

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    IIRC, I think it's DSotSC that adds those things. I use that myself. It adds some goblin shamans as well in a couple places.
    lolien
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    In generally, to identify mod's affecting areas, you can always run (with a CMD open on your game's install directory):
    weidu.exe --change-log <area code>

And see from the lists of mods displayed which one could be potentially the one making those changes.

I think that, according to this, the <area code> for Xvart Village is BG4700

And you probably need to check both ARE and BCS files for changes:
    weidu.exe --change-log BG4700.are
    weidu.exe --change-log BG4700.bcs

After you get a list of mods, you can then check each mod's readme in detail for changes made and see if you still want them or not.

Did you install SCS, btw? The extra kobolds in the mines could come from SCS "dark side" kobolds, too.
    lolien
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @leeux
    No SCS or Tactics. I'm not quite good enough on the fly for that.
    leeux
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2019
    @leeux
    No SCS or Tactics. I'm not quite good enough on the fly for that.

Yeah, me neither :( At least not solo and specially if I did want to do a no-reload! I only ever ran SCS on my party runs and I have to reload 10s of times for some encounters :blush:
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @leeux
    No Solo for me either. The game has no meaning for me without the character interaction.