Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How Many "Days" In Game is Your Record?

Ya know, I've always been one to try to keep elapsed time short in game... but during this playthrough of BG:EE, I've wasted a lot of time wandering back and forth and sleeping too much. I think I just hit 700+ days. I'm curious what's the most time you've ever spent moseying your way to Saervok.

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 194
    I don’t think I’ve ever run to over a year so you beat me - isn’t it lucky how you still arrive at Sarevok’s coronation at just the right time?!

HaHaCharadelolien
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,550
    edited July 29
    ilduderino wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever run to over a year so you beat me - isn’t it lucky how you still arrive at Sarevok’s coronation at just the right time?!

Yep... Hey I figure it takes time for this crap to go down. Better 2 years than 2 months, right?

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 115
    I like to play as if there is some urgency also, not resting until fatigued or casters low on spells most of the time. Always full parties of 6. Occasionally I'll travel "inefficiently" if I want to run down a timer. Most of my games finish around the 90 - 100 day mark but the longest was 130 days IIRC.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,509
    it looks like party size determines how long it takes for me to get to Sarevok

i had a two man team there in 90 or so days

i have a 6 man team that was a gold piece run at 723 000 gold for 194 days

i think the most i have ever had for a BG 1 run was around 450 days, and that was using cheats to grow up levels when i had a level cap remover like 15 years ago

in SoA i had the days go into the 10s of 1000s because i turned rest until healed on and with shadow keeper i had just over 32 000 HP and was brought back down to a couple of HPs and so you literally go into comas to regain all those HP

sometimes when i play IWD i will get over 1000 days for a play through because my "cleric" is growing up in fighter levels first

ah, comas, the best way to gain your HP back haha

lolien
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 115
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    Ah very true. I never use rest until healed because it is "unrealistic" so that keeps my days count lower. Rested 90 consecutive hours in Firewine Ruin and naturally healed critical injuries, yeah right. Breaks the fourth wall for me so I can't do it. Should be an interruption check every 8 hours.

I used to see other players screenshots with massive counts and think pfft, stop rest spamming and learn to play the game properly. I actually thought they were buffing up for every hobgoblin fight and resting to get their buffs back for the worg pack round the corner. In reality they probably had no cleric or loaded up on command spells because "rest until healed", makes perfect sense.

loliensarevok57
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,550
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    Ah very true. I never use rest until healed because it is "unrealistic" so that keeps my days count lower. Rested 90 consecutive hours in Firewine Ruin and naturally healed critical injuries, yeah right. Breaks the fourth wall for me so I can't do it. Should be an interruption check every 8 hours.

I used to see other players screenshots with massive counts and think pfft, stop rest spamming and learn to play the game properly. I actually thought they were buffing up for every hobgoblin fight and resting to get their buffs back for the worg pack round the corner. In reality they probably had no cleric or loaded up on command spells because "rest until healed", makes perfect sense.

I also don't try to break the fourth wall, but I just travel a lot... Seems to eat up time. I rest when I'm tired. but never for consecutive days.