Skip to content

my best video

TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
edited July 2019 in Off-Topic
Shameless self promotion:
This song, being Leslie Lilien’s, was meant to symbolize aerobics from 1985. But I had used a lot of images from my Grace Jones video, .
I like to use different images to add variety, so I went outside the box and added some surrounding 1985. So I can make the rhyme:
It’s rhyme time
alive in ’85:
A year after and before,
includes ’86 and ’84.
In other words, there are images from 1984 and 1986 in the video as well. It’s interesting: In ’86, anything is possible, since Leslie already recorded “Do It”. But 1984 was before the track. Who knows what Leslie doing before becoming a featured guest, and what Jane Fonda was planning after “Prime Time/Easy Going” and transitioning into her “New Workout” that year later.
All images were researched between 1984 to 1986. Please note that search engines can be inaccurate. The pattern at 20 seconds in features a picture each from ’84, ’85, and ’86 and repeats until 3:16, the picture after Jane’s 1986 sit-ups (black & white) and focuses strictly on 1985 until the end.
Even though Jane’s “New Workout” book may have actually been ’86, 1985 was the year of the video, and it all captures the time period Leslie Lilien offered this wonderful, motivating, (aerobic) exercise/fitness song at not a too fast tempo. It’s a great pace, even if it’s not hard pounding aggressive, like the Grace Jones track.
I would say this Jane Fonda-Leslie Lilien collaborative was one of the best events in 1985 (aerobics) history! It would be very challenging to top that new workout of the time.