Skip to content

NwN with CEP content.. Oh my!

Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
edited August 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
So a long time ago for personal reasons I went through the OC and both XP's and installed the CEP haks for them. I then started to add all the CEP goodness to the modules as well as adjusting the ambient light levels to how I think they should of been. You know, like making caves actually dark like they should be. Anyway, I pulled out the old .mod files again recently and decided to update them to current iteration of the CEP, this would cause the toolset to build them of course. And oh boy... The errors, oh my the amount of errors in the game. Granted these are the old CD versions but still. Most of them were missing resources and where only place holder scripts such as "Script 1" or "Script 14" etc which had no scripting code in them. I guess Bioware put them in there but forgot to remove them prior to release back in the day. Still was quite the eye opener I have to say.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Some misconception here, perhaps?

CEP is an omnibus of fan-made content - neither Beamdog nor Bioware are responsible for it.

If you made a version of the OC using CEP, it's your mod.

CEP is designed to be backward compatible, so your modules (prior to any changes) should still work with the latest version.

However, if you decide to rebuild, that's a different matter. You may need to take changes in later releases into account.

If you were using CEP1, use the latest CEP1. Ditto CEP 2. Upgrading from 1 to 2 is not recommended.

Check that you're using the latest hak load order.

Many templates were removed from CEP2 at the request of PW owners. If you need them, they're available on the Vault as a separate download.
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2019
    I'm not that clueless, the only errors that were related to the older version of the CEP were some scripts called zep_onoff and other ones using the zep at the start. I fixed all those myself. All the other errors were associated with default NwN creatures or were attached to actual area's. I left them as is cause hey they weren't actually breaking the game as I had mentioned the scripts themselves seemed to be placeholders and had no code in them to run. Heck, Even some conversation files had scripts in them that were blank, of course most of those were duplicated over to the relevant NPC in another chapter where said script did have the code in them.

In anycase I was rebuilding the old CD copies and renamed them to "CEP Chapter1" etc so I'm not concerened with later versions as they are ".mod" files and are in my modules folder and not the .nwm file in the NWM folder. Mind you it was a task and half finding where all the "StartNewModule" script was hidden so I could direct them to my altered module with the new name. I managed it though :D
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I do remember downloading the CEP back in the day and enjoying a lot of custom modules that were made with it. Are you saying that there are versions of the OC/expansions out there that make use of the CEP? If so, where would I find them?
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    Uhm, I don't think anyone can upload a CEP copy of the original game legally so I doubt you can get it anywhere. Which is why I never uploaded the files I have done. That said I could be wrong, if there are copies out there and I'm not saying there are, then you would find them on the Vault which would be your best bet.