Skip to content

My initial thoughts!!!

My 'Initial' initial thought was oh cr*p it doesn't when work when the game crashed upon pressing the play button (game seems to seriously dislike my Intel HD4000 intergrated graphics, crashes every time).

Fortunately when I switched the option on my laptop to run the game with its Nvidia GPU (GT 650m).

The game started. 'Phew panic over'

Ive been playing for about 2-3 hours and I must say i'm really impressed, the game looks & sounds great great, I like the new portraits and soundsets, the zoom feature is brilliant (I will never be able to go back I think), the UI is great and I've just met Dorn (A delightful fellow).

My only small gripes so far that are I have noticed a fair bit of screen tearing particularly in Candlekeep and one or two small bugs (nothing major mostly superficial stuff).

Now I say to myself do I sleep (it is 2.30 A.M) or do I carry on with my adventure. Hmmmm.

Comments

• ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
    I have noticed the annoying screen tearing as well. If anybody knows how to stop screen tearing please share.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    Go into your graphics card control panel and for BG:EE enable force V-Sync. Preventing screen tearing is what V-sync is for but sadly there are no graphics options in-game. I wish there were.
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82

My 'Initial' initial thought was oh cr*p it doesn't when work when the game crashed upon pressing the play button (game seems to seriously dislike my Intel HD4000 intergrated graphics, crashes every time).

Fortunately when I switched the option on my laptop to run the game with its Nvidia GPU (GT 650m).

The game started. 'Phew panic over'

Ive been playing for about 2-3 hours and I must say i'm really impressed, the game looks & sounds great great, I like the new portraits and soundsets, the zoom feature is brilliant (I will never be able to go back I think), the UI is great and I've just met Dorn (A delightful fellow).

My only small gripes so far that are I have noticed a fair bit of screen tearing particularly in Candlekeep and one or two small bugs (nothing major mostly superficial stuff).

Now I say to myself do I sleep (it is 2.30 A.M) or do I carry on with my adventure. Hmmmm.

No. Stay up and play. Work can just deal. PRIORITIES. Word.
  • MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    Screen tearing there. Force V-sync not help for me in Catalyst Center. Everything same. Sad because this is a game breaker for me.
    Fuck Beamdog for this crap.
    Waiting years for release, and again the same problems, like in old BG. The extremely annoying screen tearing.
    There are no solution to this, i search more than 10 year ago. On notebook, but its the biggest joke its again happen. And the people pay again for a game with this S.it.
  • SiddhamSiddham Member Posts: 31
    MZsolt said:

Ho there wanderer stay thy tongue a while!
    Ask for help. Look at the FAQs & tech threads; games just been released.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    MZsolt said:

Slight over reaction to the issue.

While screen tearing can be slightly annoying, there's no reason to be this disrespectful.

Can't believe it, only wanted the same game as old BGs, but without the screen tearing. 14 Years and nothing changed.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @MZsoft
    Have you looked at all in the pinned discussions, both in "General" and "windows" sections? There's loads of helpful advise for people with your issue, and others.

However, you won't get much help if you come on to this forum filled with established members and curse and moan like a child.

Just some friendly advice.