Skip to content

[v1.53] Helga, a Dwarven Priestess of Haela Brightaxe for BG:EE and SoD and EET

124»

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Try redownloading (You only need to redownload the setup-Helga.TP2 file, but feel free to redownload everything.) I posted an edit that untraified @0 since it's just a version number just in case EET is particular about that.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I ran into an issue with the new archive. There are multiple copies of several files, but with different case extensions. For example, there is an Aura.D and an Aura.d in the same folder. 7-Zip is asking whether or not I would like to replace the first one with the later one. They are clearly different, as the .D file is 371 bytes, while the .d file is 1331 bytes.
    edited October 2021
    Ah, that's my bad. (The smaller one is more accurate, since it only contains @'s and not strings.) I updated regardless to remove duplication.
    I think I also fixed the weird @0 bug, I noticed I had two references to it locally.

All SoD content for my other mods (Emily/Kale/Vienxay) is now traified too.
    Ok, content related question now.

Is there any way to calm Helga down before she kills herself? The dwarven rage thing has resulted in several near misses, and at least one death, after the battles are over. For now, I'm having her keep all of the party's healing potions, but the HP loss per round is rough and it seems to last forever.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2021
    Pretty sure if it's the normal Berserker Rage, you're probably using the rework from my kitpack that turns the user red and makes them inflict 5% damage on themselves per round. It lasts 1 turn and can't be mitigated but is nonlethal damage.

There's no way to turn it off except waiting it out. It seems to interact badly with mods that use rage like this one with special conditions, so I'll give the spell its own filename next update.
    Yes, it's the default berserker ability that is called, so if a mod modifies it, behavior will change.

You can turn it off: Point at Helga and type C:SetGlobal("X3HelRage","LOCALS",2) and she will never rage again.
    Ah, okay - and yes, she does turn red, so I figured that was from the Artisan's kit pack. I was a bit surprised, because she is supposed to be a priest, though a bit more violent than the typical priest.
    edited October 2021
    Hopefully last question for a bit. I got a warning from Helga that we hadn't gone after the Ogre chieftain yet, but I can't seem to find him. I thought perhaps it was an overlap with the half-ogres Bjornin wanted killed, but apparently not.

The party is still in chapter 1, as I have intentionally avoided triggering chapter 2. Even a general vicinity would be helpful as a spoiler.
    edited October 2021
    It's AR4600, or Bear River, north of the Gnoll Stronghold.
  • killerkoalaskillerkoalas Member Posts: 1
    Hi, so I ran into the same error as Maurvir when trying to install the mod:
    [C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\setup-Helga.exe] WeiDU version 24700
    ERROR: No translation provided for 0
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [HELGA/SETUP-HELGA.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_found

I'm new to BG modding so I honestly have no idea if I'm doing something wrong :D
    I fixed it, just redownload and you will be good to go!
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Hello there,
    Found a bug in the mod files:

in .../Helga/Scripts/SoD/

there is an older and slightly different "bd4100.baf" conflicting (due to no case-sensitiveness in windows) with a newer "BD4100.baf". I have no idea if the subtle change in the script create an issue or not, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks a lot for your mods!
    Thanks, sometimes when I upload to github it doesn't care about case sensitivty and replace like I want it to. The duplicate should be deleted.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2022
    @Skitia Hi again. I'm replaying BGEE & BGSoD as my PC died last time I got to the midpoint of SoD. This time I noticed Helga didn't appear in Korlasz's Tomb. I honestly can't remeber if this happened last time, so I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen.

btw I have no idea why but it's bloody hard to find your NPC mods on Beamdog with their search engine ( I lost all my bookmarks when my old hard drive burnt up)
    Try setting this to 0 again and she if she spawns: C:SetGlobal("X32HelgaSoDSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
    edited July 2022
    I tried this on the very first game save in SoD - the autosave labelled "PCName Prologue Start" and she didn't appear. Just to be sure I jumped everywhere on that map to make sure she hadn't spawned in another room, but no joy.

Panic over!! I saw on the Single Player menu I could import a game, so I imported my final save from BGEE again - and it worked. My favourite dwarven lady is in the party. YAY!!
    edited July 2022
    @Skitia I spoke too soon :( As soon as I leave the first room,
    Helga disappears. Also, I've lost all my containers which is a lot of gear gone!
    I had finished the prologue without her, but now I'm worried she may not appear in the Dwarven Dig later on.

I can't remember if she died when I fought Sarevok, so I might do that battle again, and do a restart of SoD. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Bugger - that didn't work either. There's something really wrong as when I trey to import a game it only allows me the last autosave before I go into the temple and then some games from wayyyyyyy earlier.

I tried doing a CLUA MoveTo from my Ducal palace save, and found her in the dwarven dig. There was no problem with getting her to join my party. Should I just go ahead and finish Chapter Seven and pick her up as usual?
    Yep, finish chapter7 and pick her up as usual.
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    Minor typos: in Helga's bio, "equally" should be "equal".

In initial meeting conversation, "this ogres" -> "this ogre".
    "themself", I'm guessing you mean "himself"? Or possibly "myself"?

In Priest of Haela kit description, "renown" should be "renowned". A better capitalization for "May Cast Hurl Stone Once Per Day" would be "May cast Hurl Stone once per day".
    Thanks, I've made the changes locally and will put the fixes in when I do my big update.
  • PellinorePellinore Member Posts: 11
    Reporting a small bug:

Helga's banter with Ajantis that starts with "Bring forth the battle! I'll show ye might!" can trigger an infinite number of times. I've encountered it at least 5 times since these 2 npcs have been in the party. Also easy to test with Ctrl-I.
    Thanks, I will fix it when I get back from my Thanksgiving trip.
    Helga 1.56:
    -Adds new Multi-Class Kit option: Fighter/Priest of Haela. This one was oft requested so finally got around to implementing it. It is ready in the BG2 version as well and will be added when I do the first of the bigger updates.
  • EnigmajazzEnigmajazz Member Posts: 16
    Hi,
    The current version of this mod is unable to install as the line:
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~Helga/Scripts/X3HelR.baf~
    Refers to a file that does not exist in the folder. It looks like the TP2 file was updated to refer to this file but the file was not actually added.
    I deleted the line, it and the file are just duplicates of stuff that was already there.
  • drabljdrablj Member Posts: 1
    i am enjoying your mod. thank you for your effort. i noticed a small typo when helga's hit points drop to 1 and she enters berserk/rage mode. obviously minsc's rage was implemented. https://i.imgur.com/WwGUxbO.png
    I might have to make a duplicate custom version of the rage spell to fix that. When I'm doing with my Masters I'll return to support work/ development.