Skip to content

Avernus Elevator/Basalt Tower lift not working

I just passed Thrix and tried clicking on the lever to ride the elevator up but nothing is happening. I'm pretty sure I have the same problem as this person: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63538/basalt-tower-lift-not-working-help-spoilers

I also have a modded game as well as EET and altered settings via EEKeeper although this is the only problem I've encountered so far.

Can someone help?

Comments

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I very recently had the same issue, and realised my case was due to having No Traps or Locks component from CDTweaks. I've uninstalled that component to be able to fix the issue. If you have that installed too, try uninstalling it. If not, then I don't know.
  • Fred_McDerfFred_McDerf Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    I very recently had the same issue, and realised my case was due to having No Traps or Locks component from CDTweaks. I've uninstalled that component to be able to fix the issue. If you have that installed too, try uninstalling it. If not, then I don't know.

Did you have to start a new game? I just uninstalled the No Traps or Locks component with setup-cdtweaks.exe and the uninstall was successful but I'm still having the problem.

edited August 2019
    No I didn't start a new game. I was able to continue from my save game right after dealing with Thrix. Though I should say I don't have EET. So with EET, it might be a bit more tricky to be able to remove that component.
    edited August 2019
    I also wrote about this issue to CDTweaks forum but it didn't seem to get any attention. This is actually a game breaking bug which would be great to be addressed. Maybe @CamDawg could help with notifying the relevant person for fixing that component.
  • Fred_McDerfFred_McDerf Member Posts: 3
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    I also wrote about this issue to CDTweaks forum but it didn't seem to get any attention. This is actually a game breaking bug which would be great to be addressed. Maybe @CamDawg could help with notifying the relevant person for fixing that component.

I'll say it's game-breaking. I'm at hour 58 and at the last fight before I can continue on to BG II. I hope they can help me.