Skip to content

French Voices

Hi,
I am not sure if I am in the right section of the forum, but... anyways:

I have played a bit by now and I have two things to comment:
- First, I am french and I want to play in french. The game is well traduced, but there are no voices in french. I imagine that it is the same in all other languages except english. The acted voices in Baldur's Gate in french were really nice, I was quite disappointed - can't you just, maybe, take the old records and put them into EE?

-Second, this is more a technial problem or question... in the original Baldur's Gate, I would always play in multiplayer just to create my whole party, but then I would take the saved game from the multiplayer file and put it into single player file - that way I can quick load fast (I don't have to pass trough the multiplayer menu), and I can press "pause" whenever I want (without any delay), etc... In EE, I just couldn't find the files. Is there a way to find my saved games, or could you make it possible?

Thanks, and sorry for my english if I made any mistake, and sorry again if I am not in the right section. I wrote that in english because I think it applies to every language, not just french.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Regarding the multiplayer saves:

They're located in the "mpsave" folder in Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. You should be able to just copy them into the "saves" folder
  • Epok999Epok999 Member Posts: 8
    Ok thanks for that, I was'nt in the right folder.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    I believe the voices for french and other languages are all there, it's a known bug that only the english voices play. I think.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I highly second that! We have the choice between having everything in English or the texts translated but no sound at all. Sounds more like a bug than a feature request to me to be honest.
    What I want is the text fully translated and the choice between keeping all voices in English or a mix of French / English (old stuff in Fr and new recordings in En for example).