Skip to content

Couple of hints please?

I have just completed my 3rd or 4th game of Icewind Dale. I played it a couple of times around the early 2000s having enjoyed Baldur's gate so much. It was a good nostalgia trip as well as being a good gaming experience in it's own right. I have a few questions though

Conlan's son. I have never been able to find him or any information on him in the times I've played. If someone can point out the general *area* of the game where he is or where information on him can be found I'd appreciate it. (ie Severed Hamd, Dorns' Deep etc) I'm assuming that he is actually somewhere in the game and not a total red herring!

Also there are some items that seem to me to be "useful at some later point" but I never found out what they were for. There's the razorvine extract. And a seller at Severed Hand sells rotten leather. Can anyone offer a subtle hint?

Thanks in advance!
Skatan

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2019
    He's in Dragons Eye (one of the townspeople prisoners on level 2 or 3). I remember having to look around a bit, though. He might not be in an easy to see nook or corner. Conlan will willingly give you his hammer if you return his son (assuming you haven't already stolen it).
    Post edited by Balrog99 on
    Skatan
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    He's on the second level but unfortunately he isn't labeled as being Conlan's son, he looks like a generic prisoner so you have to speak to all of them before eventually finding him. If memory serves he's a bit northeast of the altar though you have to wind around a bit to locate him.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yep, he's NE of the altar, in a little cul-de-sac where the other hostage children are being held. (If you still can't find him, there was a walkthrough I was reading that said that there's a chance that he might be killed by enemies in the area, which is why the walkthrough recommends that you go down the east side of the map first and clear all opposition to prevent this from occurring.)
    Balrog99
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    Talk to every prisoner on DE lvl 2, and go into all the nooks and crannies.

There's a personage on the same map as the razorvine extract who has use for it. Find the personage first, then get the extract, I'm not sure if a particular bug has been fixed that causes problems if you do it the other way around.

No use for rotten leather, afaik.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    for the razorvine extract you give it to this dude:
    in that same map where all the myconoids and ettins are, if you go back to the entrance of this underground cave, you notice that you can actually start going to the right and it leads to another cave, and some weird building on the far right side of the map,

if you go into that building there is a mage in there, you give the extract to him, and then he gives you some XP and explains about the area a little bit

as for the rotten leather, it could just be there for flavor purposes, perhaps there was at one point in time it would have been used for a quest, but i couldn't find anything to do with orrick about it, and even the weird blade singer dude, im pretty sure there is nothing to be done with him either, and those 2 would be the best sources for that in my opinion

im pretty sure at one point in time i looked at every single NPCs dialogue and have found nothing to do with the rotten leathers
    Balrog99leeuxIamdorf