Skip to content

Daggerford (Beamdog Premium)

TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
Okay, I found Pfurbin, but wasn't there a female paladin as well?
Where can I find her; thanks?

Comments

• PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    The Happy Cow tavern in Daggerford, assuming you met Purfbin as your initial henchman on the Trade Road.
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Nah, I remembered Pfurbin was in the other Inn. Anyways, funny stuff.
    For a Chalet that wants fancy clothing, you can sure bring a cow in!
    hi3br3vdauof.png
    Okay, I found Evani in the Liam's Hold tavern; where is the missing part for her invention?
    Spoiler to follow...

Take a look around the Brush of Barbs
    Thanks, I am at the 3rd level of the female elf's teacher wizard.
    I am at the 3rd riddle of who killed a puppet.

Any clues?
    It is a 'logic puzzle' - there are some statements that simply cannot be true, which should allow you to work out which other ones are true. A good starting point is Bappi, as what they say simply cannot be true (i.e. 'we are all liars' cannot be true, because if it is true, Bappi would be telling the truth, so 'we are all liars' would be false). Therefore, Bappi is a liar, and that should help determine who else is/isn't). But shout for more help/answers if logic puzzles just aren't your thing.
    Solved that, but now back to the invention piece, where in the Barbs?
    It's true that I haven't been everywhere (what do I need to:

1. Decipher the rune spider webs?
    2. Get inside the skeleton and his throne when climbing down the gorge?

Also, I am in, I believe, the last area, where there is like a rescue mission. The main man in the tent won't give me the quest.
    I remember from the old version, you climb down and there's an old lady that tells of a secret way into the castle to surprise the hostage taker.
    From memory he's not that far away from the entrance to the druid circle - he should be fairly easy to find as there's a campfire and tent next to him.

1) I don't recall any rune spider webs, there are some webs to destroy in the Brush of Barbs though
    2) You need a bone (found nearby to the throne), a badger's heart (found within the area on a dead badger) and something (a seed I think) from a plant also found within the area. Then just place those items on the altar(?)

You only get the quest for the castle rescue mission by obtaining it as one of your Stronghold quests. If you enter and leave your stronghold enough times, and do the other quests you're given perhaps, you'll get it eventually.
    Thanks, where in the Barb's is Evani's piece. Still didn't find it.
    I've double-checked in the toolset, and as long as you've previously talked to Evani and accepted the quest, an NPC named Lucas should spawn in to the south of the river/gorge that you can climb down to. He's almost directly opposite the waterfall that flows into the gorge.
    Just did it; thanks, but now I need help finding the fowl for the druid circle in Liam's Hold. I found the one from the gnome taxidermist in another area, but Liam's Hold has me lost!
    Visit Hester's house in Liam's Hold (was a previously locked door) and use a piece of paper you find there to write her a message :-)
    Thanks again, now I am stuck with the mirror puzzle in Illefarn (2 female halflings and a male mage).
    Have you found all the mirrors and placed them on the mirror stand? Once you have, rotate the mirrors and beams will form a pattern to unlock the nearby door. I think you're looking to have the beams form a pentagram, but it doesn't take too much rotating and experimenting to form. But memory is a bit hazy so shout if you need more help.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Quick question. Am I able to access Vieti's armor and weapons?
    It doesn't seem like that's possible via dialog, probably because she's only a very short-term henchman. She's in Leather Armour, +2 Large Shield, +2 Light Hammer, but has an Amulet to boost AC and Spell Resistance, in case you were wondering :-)
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Thank you @Phantasma.
    Only found the mirror under the elven area (the pool the female dwarf refuses to enter in.)
    Try the sacks in the alcove in the south-east corner of Illefarn Upper Halls (you'll need to get through the statue-guarded door first).
    Thanks, finished it, will have to play again... got back to Daggerford which was now locked.
    Just finished it instead.
    Then I reloaded a save and used the console... found at least two quests I missed:

1. How do you get into Rab's place in Liam's hold.
    2. Crab Claw Coast: the cave of mists, how do you get there? I did the lich, uncovered by the professor, but there is like a cave and a room of mists that I missed.

Maybe some quests are alignment only?
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2019
    Rab's place: You have to talk to the major. At some point, she'll be accompanied by a watchman at her office. Talk to them to start the questline that takes you to Rab's place.

Crab Claw Coast: You need a key to open those gates. The key can be found at (i.e. bought from) one of the tables in Torleth's shop at Gillian's Hill. It's called an "ancient key" or somesuch.

Good luck next time! :)
    As Meandre said, except Rab's quest is initially triggered by agreeing to help the barman in Liam's Hold to transport some kegs to Rab's place, and then taking the kegs there.
    Okay, I didn't see how to get to the mists... I got the rope from the man to defeat the lich, but seems the path was blocked off.

Or do you only get the quest if it formally becomes a journal entry?
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
    Phantasma wrote: »
    As Meandre said, except Rab's quest is initially triggered by agreeing to help the barman in Liam's Hold to transport some kegs to Rab's place, and then taking the kegs there.

Right, I remembered it being the other way round!

Phantasma wrote: »

Right, I remembered it being the other way round!
    Trixter wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't see how to get to the mists... I got the rope from the man to defeat the lich, but seems the path was blocked off.

Or do you only get the quest if it formally becomes a journal entry?

The two quests - the cave of mists and the lich - are not related.
    If I recall correctly (caveat: see above :D), the cave of mists quest starts only after you've entered the cave.
    The way to the cave shouldn't be be blocked; you can get there by following a path starting at the spot where the sea gulls gather.