Skip to content

Help! Can't get haks to work on android.

I'm running a samsung galaxy s7, NWN EE is on my sd card. I finished the first campaign just fine, there was a lava glitch after the last update but that's not what's got me stumped.

I can't get haks of any kind to work. I loaded some portraits just fine, so I was like cool now for a head pack. I uploaded a head pack hak to sd/android/data/com.beamdog.nwnan/files/user/hak and nothing. All stock heads, it's not the end of the world but I'd really like to modify my game. I mean if I want a modern that requires a hak it wont work. So any help or pointers?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    It sounds like haks are working, in general.

You seem to have a specific problem with heads.

A hak does nothing unless you have a module that installs it (Module Properties > Custom Content).

If you want to use the heads with the OC, I believe you can unpack the hak into the override folder using the nwhak utility supplied with the game, so that the heads appear as individual files.

It's good practice to back up your override folder before changing it, and roll back to the original before playing custom modules.

A patch hak would be better still, but I'm not sure whether that works for heads.
  • LadydarkkittenLadydarkkitten Member Posts: 4
    Do you know how to access the utility on android? Because I have seen nothing if that sort in the menu, otherwise I'll go look for an override specific heads file.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    Sadly, AFAIK, since there is no Android toolset, there are no Android utilities, either.

You could try the patch hak approach. Put the hak in the subfolder identified by the PATCH= line in nwn.ini.

Create a text file called userpatch.ini in the same folder as nwn.ini.

Add the following lines to that file:

[Patch]
    PatchFile000=foobar

Where foobar is the name of the hak, without the .hak extension.