Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.2 released!

Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 287
edited August 11 in BGII:EE Mods
Version 2.0.2is up! A big thank you to Tresset and everyone else that took time out of their day to provide me with great feedback on issues in the last release!

What this mod does:

Imports more Siege of Dragonspear items into logical (to me at least) locations in BG2:EE during the Shadows of Amn campaign. They are attainable in a variety of ways – quest rewards, drops from enemies killed, shops, and containers.

Includes an optional component to force all import-able SoD items to be present in their normal locations. Since the Voidsword +3 and Voidhammer +3 are mutually exclusive, a choice is given for which to import. I included this component since many players (myself included) have had trouble with these items not importing into BG2:EE properly.

Adds upgrade options for the majority of the imported SoD items via Cromwell and Cespenar. All recipes are on both, so the player should not run into any issues upgrading items. Many of these new recipes require existing upgrade components within the game, keeping in the spirit of having to choose one upgrade over another for strategizing and replay-ability. In addition, I have also created a few entirely new upgrade components to fit with the theme for some of the upgraded items. I included an upgrade path for one importable item from BG1 as well, since I felt it deserved a future in BG2.

Adalon now drops silver scales, correcting what I felt was an oversight. (These scales are used in some of the new upgrades.)

Saladrex now drops red scales, correcting what I felt was an oversight.

Adds green and black scales to the Green and Black dragons in the game.

Adds a few new component items for use in the new upgrade recipes on Cromwell and Cespenar.

Imports Helm of Opposition from BG1 - simply because it's fun, and if you know how to use it, it can be very useful.

Includes an optional component to change Cromwell's equipment to something more in-line with his skills as a forger of highly magical items.

Includes several new wizard and priest spells, placed in locations throughout the campaigns.

Includes alternate completion and upgrade path for the human flesh armor.

Includes upgrade paths for a two importable weapons from Baldur's Gate:EE

Optional Component allow for choice of items imported from BG1.

Optional Component for updating names/appearances of existing dragonscale items to be more consistent.

Optional Components for cosmetically enhancing existing items and on-hit effects.

Adds new options for armors, helms, and shields that can be created from all existing dragon scales.

Imports many items from Icewind Dale and places them in thoughtful locations throughout the game.

Imports new spells and Icewind Dale items into Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edition.

Randomization of some item/spell drops to add replayability.

All of the upgrades were created with balance in mind, and most have unique effects to keep things fun and fresh.

You can download this mod here: https://gibberlings3.net/mods/items/sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/

Changes for v2.0.2

### Fixed

- Corrected several grammatical errors in dialogues and item/spell descriptions.
- Corrected Infernal Gift of the Demon +5 to strike as a +5 weapon instead of a +4.
- Corrected Bag of Darkness +3 to strike as a +3 weapon.
- Bag of Darkness +3 and Quiver of Void-tipped Arrows +3 no longer affect undead as per the description.
- Slime Golem attack now shares the same immunities as attacks from other slime-based creatures.
- Corrected Cromwell’s dialogue for Ashideena +3 to no longer take an ioun stone.
- Corrected Night’s Embrace +7 piercing and missing resistances.
- Corrected Devouring Darkness’ level drain component to drain two levels instead of one.
- Corrected Vampiric Voidhammer’s damage output to be more consistent with other war hammers.
- Corrected power level of new spells to match their spell level.
- Corrected placement of Dancing Lights scroll on Bernard in the Copper Coronet
- Corrected placement of scarlet/blue ioun stone on Thalantyr and Joluv.
- Corrected clear ioun stone placement on Rayic Gethras
- Corrected Landrin's dialogue to only give one pair of winter wolf boots.
- Fixed Ashideena +3 and +5 to recharge after resting.
- Corrected icon for level 25 version of Ko’ Dezza’s Slime Golem.
- Corrected description for Penetrating Cold to display the correct duration of 6 rounds.

### Changed

- Changed the icons for Heartwood Ring of Frost and Water to better match.
- Owain's Lullabye, Amulet of Abnormally Awesome Ankheg Summoning, and Cloak of Minor Arcana now come fully charged.

### Added

- New optional cosmetic tweaks for items and hit effects.

***********************Help Wanted***********************

Are you skilled in creating 2d bitmap-based animations? Would you like to lend your talent to this mod? I would love to hear from you! I am specifically looking for some help in improving some of the animations for the new spells in this mod. Message me if you'd like to help!

Post edited by Daeros_Trollkiller on
ronaldoilduderinoGusindaCaszidyJuliusBorisovFlashburnArthasLudwig_IIStummvonBordwehrleeuxhistamiiniRaduzielMantis37semiticgoddessFina92QueegonZaghoulstargazerbAbelDoxygorgonzolaRik_KirtaniyaAerakarAdam_en_tiumThrasymachusArviaBlackbɨrdrami_DD_TressetConnellyAaemforever

Comments