Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey there!

hey fellas!
I am starting my adventure in Icewind Dale II, so I am looking for some suggestions, since I have never played with a multiclass character.
I just started it and I made a Drow Moon Monk, but I am really tempted to dual-class it to sorcerer since it's said that I wouldn't loose the possibility to progress with the monk's level. So:

1) Does that mean that I can reach maximum level with both classes?
2) If not, I would rather make a strong monk with some nasty sorcerer spells (up to level 5th or 6th): therefore, at what level should I multiclass?
3) Which sorcerer's spells would make my monk a killing machine?

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,087
    Hey there!
    1) Is it a solo game or a party?
    In normal mode you can reach level 17-18 with six party members (drop that level by two in case of drow because of level adjustment) , 18-19 with five, 20 with four and 22 with two or solo

2-3 ) I never used a multiclass sorcerer, but, considering that maximum level can't be reached I would focus on spells that boost and buff your monk, such as (improved) haste, (greater) stoneskin, (improved) invisibility etc

Barba777
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Hey there!
    In normal mode you can reach level 17-18 with six party members (drop that level by two in case of drow because of level adjustment) , 18-19 with five, 20 with four and 22 with two or solo

2-3 ) I never used a multiclass sorcerer, but, considering that maximum level can't be reached I would focus on spells that boost and buff your monk, such as (improved) haste, (greater) stoneskin, (improved) invisibility etc

I am playing with a six member party!
    Also consider that the base is a Monk, and specifically the Dark Moon Monk it's supposed to multiclass to sorcerer without losing the chance to advance in monk levels...but I don't know exactly what it means XD

Barba777 wrote: »
    Hey there!

Also consider that the base is a Monk, and specifically the Dark Moon Monk it's supposed to multiclass to sorcerer without losing the chance to advance in monk levels...but I don't know exactly what it means XD

That's because in 3rd edition monks and paladins can't simply multiclass , once they abandon a class it's a permanent decision unless their deity/monk order allows it, like the dark moon monk who is allowed to be a sorcerer.

Barba777
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    Barba777 wrote: »
    Hey there!

That's because in 3rd edition monks and paladins can't simply multiclass , once they abandon a class it's a permanent decision unless their deity/monk order allows it, like the dark moon monk who is allowed to be a sorcerer.

so you think that with a six members party i wouldn't fully enjoy the skills of both classes?

[/quote]

so you think that with a six members party i wouldn't fully enjoy the skills of both classes?

[/quote]

Not fully, but in 3rd edition when a spellcasting class multiclasses it's usually aimed for extra skills , not a second fully functional class. If it were my drow monk/sorcerer I would make mostly a sorcerer and advance as monk at every 4 fours levels to benefit from monk speed , saving throws, monk items... I would also raise his dexterity and wisdom for that special monk Armor class, but not forget to keep his charisma at 16 . By the end of the game he would be sorcerer 11/ monk 4 or 5. Still not as powerful as a true sorcerer, but a character with a lot of flair, nevertheless.

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 270
    Welcome to the forum! Haven't played Icewind Dale much, but still wanted to send a welcome your way. :)