Skip to content

Hey there!

hey fellas!
I am starting my adventure in Icewind Dale II, so I am looking for some suggestions, since I have never played with a multiclass character.
I just started it and I made a Drow Moon Monk, but I am really tempted to dual-class it to sorcerer since it's said that I wouldn't loose the possibility to progress with the monk's level. So:

1) Does that mean that I can reach maximum level with both classes?
2) If not, I would rather make a strong monk with some nasty sorcerer spells (up to level 5th or 6th): therefore, at what level should I multiclass?
3) Which sorcerer's spells would make my monk a killing machine?

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hey there!
    1) Is it a solo game or a party?
    In normal mode you can reach level 17-18 with six party members (drop that level by two in case of drow because of level adjustment) , 18-19 with five, 20 with four and 22 with two or solo

2-3 ) I never used a multiclass sorcerer, but, considering that maximum level can't be reached I would focus on spells that boost and buff your monk, such as (improved) haste, (greater) stoneskin, (improved) invisibility etc
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Hey there!
    In normal mode you can reach level 17-18 with six party members (drop that level by two in case of drow because of level adjustment) , 18-19 with five, 20 with four and 22 with two or solo

2-3 ) I never used a multiclass sorcerer, but, considering that maximum level can't be reached I would focus on spells that boost and buff your monk, such as (improved) haste, (greater) stoneskin, (improved) invisibility etc

I am playing with a six member party!
    Also consider that the base is a Monk, and specifically the Dark Moon Monk it's supposed to multiclass to sorcerer without losing the chance to advance in monk levels...but I don't know exactly what it means XD
    Barba777 wrote: »
    Hey there!

Also consider that the base is a Monk, and specifically the Dark Moon Monk it's supposed to multiclass to sorcerer without losing the chance to advance in monk levels...but I don't know exactly what it means XD

That's because in 3rd edition monks and paladins can't simply multiclass , once they abandon a class it's a permanent decision unless their deity/monk order allows it, like the dark moon monk who is allowed to be a sorcerer.
  • Barba777Barba777 Member Posts: 48
    Barba777 wrote: »
    Hey there!

That's because in 3rd edition monks and paladins can't simply multiclass , once they abandon a class it's a permanent decision unless their deity/monk order allows it, like the dark moon monk who is allowed to be a sorcerer.

so you think that with a six members party i wouldn't fully enjoy the skills of both classes?

[/quote]

so you think that with a six members party i wouldn't fully enjoy the skills of both classes?

[/quote]

Not fully, but in 3rd edition when a spellcasting class multiclasses it's usually aimed for extra skills , not a second fully functional class. If it were my drow monk/sorcerer I would make mostly a sorcerer and advance as monk at every 4 fours levels to benefit from monk speed , saving throws, monk items... I would also raise his dexterity and wisdom for that special monk Armor class, but not forget to keep his charisma at 16 . By the end of the game he would be sorcerer 11/ monk 4 or 5. Still not as powerful as a true sorcerer, but a character with a lot of flair, nevertheless.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    Welcome to the forum! Haven't played Icewind Dale much, but still wanted to send a welcome your way. :)